“One of the highlights of our trip to Amsterdam!”
Review of De Drie Fleschjes

De Drie Fleschjes
Ranked #34 of 289 Nightlife in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: De Drie Fleschjes serves a wide range of Dutch Gin (Jenevers), including Corenwyn from Lucas Bols and a variety of liquors such as "Half and Half", "Bitter Cookies" and of course, the famous "Walk in the Woods" (Boswandeling). Gulpener beer is on draught and, depending on the season, a range of special beers. Wine trade walraven|sax guarantees a number of superior wines and for the non-drinker there are plenty of soft drinks in stock. There is also no shortage of delicious bar snacks to accompany your drink of choice.
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My friends and I had been wanting to try the famous local drink called jenever, and luckily for us, we were directed to this place by a nearby business owner. We had a great time tasting a few different jenevers and talking to the owner. He even gave me a souvenir flag from his collection!

Both the bartender and owner were very friendly and gave us good information about the history of this establishment. Even though it is centrally located in a very touristy part of the city, when you walk in to De Drie Fleschjes, it feels like a local neighborhood pub. The atmosphere inside is very charming - I would highly recommend a visit if you are in the area!

3  Thank Velvet D

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've read about this place in the Amsterdam guides and really, if you like a nice tasting experience you should go in here and order one of the numerous jenevers they serve here, the place is very pleasant and you meet new people here who share the same curiosity. Lots of mysterious barrels with a lock on and inform to the waiter about them :-)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We came across this place by accident.
It is right next door to the Best Western, just off Dam Square.
It is a locals bar, used by locals as well as tourists.
The floor has a covering of sand, which is a tradition.
Toilets were immaculate.
There are barrels of Jenever on the wall which the local people own, and they often come along and open them up and have a good old drink amongst themselves.
My wife and I tried the BOLS Lemon Jenever. We were instructed on how to drink the 1st sip out of the glass (as per tradition). These were taken along with a beer.
After a few of these we were well merry, and we left in good spirits.
The staff were very friendly, and helped with our choices.
Local nibbles were on offer to eat, but we were mainly enthused with the Jenever!!
Have a visit people.

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I saw that Anthony Bourdain's bloody show about Amsterdam, and since I am finishing a travelogue of my own, I wanted to check that famous palce, not least because of Dutch brandy jenever (pronounced Yeh-neh-ver, not Genever!).

I saw three bottles above the entrance, and that fake image of old house and invented tradition, which is so good to be sold to tourists.

I ordered Dutch draft beer and a glass of jenever.
The place was empty inside, and a few barrels outside were imitating tables under shabby sunbrellas. I saw better places in Greece, all right.

The bill for big draft beer and a glass of jenever was 7.80.
I gave the gray.haired man in tartan shirt a 50 euro note, and i got 20 euro note, 10 euro note and 2.20 in coins.

I drank my jenever, but not like a duck or armless juggler in Bourdain´´s show or like a cat - I used my hands, ok.

I asked for a glass of a tap water. I drank it. And i took my beer - the man did not combed beer right and glass was all wet - and sat down at the bottom of empty place. And only then it came to my mind, that I was stollen 10 euros.

But iy was too late to complain now.
Another bartender dark haired and with black apron showed up. We nodded to each other.

I was watching barrels on the wall with bragging signs of old glory etc. I dried my hands with paper handkerchiefs. I came to think of Bourdain´s culinary travelougs. And if all those fake "old places" with "the spirits of dead customers watching you now" and so on...

And I thought: of Bourdain and those so-called non-fancy places.
And I wished something to both him and De Droe Fleschjes (Three Bottles).

After those Roman taxi drivers who ripped me off just a couple of days ago, I am prehaps too nervous now, but that's it.

3  Thank Crnkovic
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were really wanting to do a genever tasting however when we got there we were informed that we had to call in advance and make an appointment. There were only 2 other people in the bar so we couldn't understand why we couldn't do one. It certainly wasn't busy and the bartender didn't seem like he was doing much. (Maybe they have to pull bottles from somewhere? There might be a legitimate reason that I am unaware of.) The bartender did let us try 2 flavored genevers that were fantastic though. One was lemon, the other I believe was cherry. We were only there for about 10 minutes though because we weren't getting the vibe that we were really welcome to sit and stay awhile. The place is really hard to find because there is no signage but we loved the adventure of trying to find it. A hidden gem I am sure if you can get them to serve you.

3  Thank girl1der1975