“An integral part of our Amsterdam experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Museumzicht

Hotel Museumzicht
Ranked #225 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Memphis
“An integral part of our Amsterdam experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

For the six days that we spent in Amsterdam, the Hotel Museumzicht became our base for exploring the city. The delicious morning breakfast was served in a community room with a wonderful view, inside and out. The unique decorations of the hotel have a museum quality of their own. Our room was warm and comfortable as snow was falling outside. The staff provided many suggestions for things to see and do in the city. The close proximity to great museums proved a major plus for us. Having public transportation near the hotel made it easy to get around although most sights are in walking distance. We hope to return one day! Thank you, Hotel Museumzicht!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Flashback_travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Somerville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a week in October. I was charmed by the owner, the small room (with a view), and the wonderful breakfasts with a toaster at the tables in the lovely breakfast room overlooking the Museumplein. As a solo-woman traveler, new to Amsterdam, I was thankful for the tips. The location was perfect, near the Film Museum, the markets, the musuems, the Pip, the bike rentals, lots of restaurants and of course the canals. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Satpriti
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Museumzicht and look forward to returning there on my next
visit to Amsterdam. I didn't expect to stop in Amsterdam this trip, and called the hotel
looking for an inexpensive single room at the last minute. The owner (?) was very helpful over the phone and helped me save a few more Euros by telling me which bus to take from Schiphol airport and thereby avoid a taxi or train & tram ride in. Once at the hotel, I was able to easily get around the city using the tram system which stops by the front door.

My single room was small with a sink in it, with the toilet and shower out in the hall. All were clean. I never had to wait for either the bathroom or shower. If they were occupied on my floor, I'd just try one on the other floors.

The breakfast room is very cheery, flower-filled, and bright, and I enjoyed my meals there. A very nice place to enjoy your breakfast as you look down at a back corner of the Rijksmuseum. The hotel's little Jack Russell Terrier, Jackson, was fun to watch as she greeted guests in the morning.

In the reception area, the owner had put up lots of information about things to do and she came over while I was looking things over. Using a large city map she has mounted on the wall, she pointed out where some of the things were that I was interested in. I wish I had had more time, since so much was nearby - The Rijksmuseum, The Van Gogh Museum, and the Concertgebouw classical music hall were all just a few minutes away on foot.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank luigi330
amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

I stayed some time in this charming hotel that is a small climb up the stairs for your daily exercise. The furniture is real antique, art nouveau style that gives the hotel a cosy warm feeling. The view from the breakfast room is splendid, so is the personally served breakfast. Personel is nice too and service is great. The rooms are nice. I payed for a bathroom on the hallway as that was ok to me. Internet was free and unlimited which was surprising for the price. All in all a very charming hotel with great service and excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank citytripper2010
tokyo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

After few days of stay, we recognised small black things moving in the room. It was mouses. We found two small holes on the floor. We kept some food with wrapping in the closet, so nothig we could do. Mouses showed up evey night by increasing number and got violent.
Another problem was room cleaning. Even we hang "do not disturbe" on door knob, room cleaning came in, and swiched our own towels to hotel cheap one. And what's more, chair was on my new leather Jacket in the open suit case. So my jacket got chair leg mark. The owner of the hotel gave us nasty attitude for our request.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank turakichi
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was able to book a room when I got off the train at the information center. The hotel is in the museum district with a trolley stop across the street. Last day there I found a note asking to call reception. She asked if I could change rooms as some folks needed the room with a rollout bed. I found myself in the best room in the house. wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Madrid
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2009

We loved this little hotel. It did have a lot of steep stairs, but no problem! The breakfast was very cute and simple. The room was small, the beds were nice and clean. The bathroom was small, but always clean. The location was great. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple