Sunhead of 1617
  • Room Service
$240
$180
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

$274
$204
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $245/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$414
$384
Agoda.com
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$318
$251
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $287/night.

$542
$316
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$85
$60
Priceline
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I have been lucky to find places like this wherever I have travelled. That really sweet combination of place, gracious hospitality, and those breakfasts. It's the Holy Trinity of Really Nice Places to Stay, and when it's done well, it's a wonderful start to the day, and a refuge at the end. Roelf and Carlos deserve the accolades. All of them.
I stayed for 5 nights in the Tulip Room. The room is well worth the stairs.

Thanx for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I stayed for 5 nights in the Tulip Room. The room is well worth the stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It was our first time in Amsterdam and what an amazing experience. We read all the fantastic reviews Sunhead got and decided to go there although. We stayed in the Narcissus room (upper floor) for four nights. The room was a bit small but we see this as an advantage, its an old house but with the right dutch atmosphere. it was clean and decent and was perfect to us.

Carlos and Roelf-Jan hospitality was amazing, we felt at home, little treats, great breakfast, warm welcome, tips and advice, in short, everything you could expect.
the location is absolutely fantastic, its in the canal and in a walking distance from the nice streets and regions.

in summary, we would definitely return to this place in our next visit !!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My lovely spouse and I spent four fabulous nights at this charming place. The Sunhead is located in the canal area and close to every attraction the city has to offer.
Carlos & Roelf welcomed us in a lovely breakfast with raspberry smoothies and other delicious work arts.
The room (Narcissus) was neat and causey with a nice shower and a comfortable bed.
We highly recommend to stay there and enjoy the Amsterdam spirit and the great hospitality this couple has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keren D
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is the Best! I mean the BEST... Bed and Breakfast I have ever stayed at!!! From the beautiful decorated Home and great beautiful rooms to stay in, you feel like your at home comfort wise but the bed is the best (great sleep). I just can't say enough about how Wonderful this place is to stay. Should be #1 Place in Amsterdam to stay. Location is great and close to everything. Had a Great time and would highly recommend staying here. I will be back as soon as I can and would only go if I could stay with Carlos for his delicious breakfast he prepares in the morning for his guests. Carlos, Thanks so much for all the hospitality and you were right about the drive to airport... was easy and so relaxing...great way to end a great vacation! I Miss Amsterdam already! I stayed here twice while on vacation. First time was for 5 days and it was so grea,t I stayed again for my last night in Amsterdam before I went back to USA. Stay Here! Great Value too!!!!

Room Tip: I got lucky to see every room they had since we needed 2 rooms and every single room was absolutely wonderful and updated with modern bathrooms. Each room had a coffee maker to die for! I had the 3rd floor bedroom with large windows that over looked the canal... view was wonderful. I could see the canal trip boats quickly drift by,beautiful horse carriages and the canal night white lights twinkling all from my window.... which was so beautiful... NO Magical is the best word I know to use to describe this place!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the sad moment we left it was the best experience I have ever had in accommodations. I couldn't wait for the absolute incredible breakfast that was accompanied by very social warm chat every morning. Carlos and Jan-Roelf are the perfect hosts! The rooms are quaint and very modern. The location was perfect in every way. I just can't say enough about the entire experience! We can't wait to go back! I would recommend this jewel to anyone even passing through Amsterdam. One night or the four we just HAD to stay gives your trip the perfect balance. If I could give it a 10 I would!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room in the whole house! They are all perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends