“Excellelent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunhead of 1617

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sunhead of 1617
Ranked #31 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
“Excellelent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Family atmosphere, causy rooms absolutely delicious homemade breakfast & very friendly owners.
Rooms are not too spacey but have a character of 400year old Amsterdam house.
Tulip room at the top has beautiful ceiling and view to canal.

Totally recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Exotic A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Living in Sunhead 1617 was a big part of what made our trip just perfect. The rooms are beautiful, clean, romantic, quiet and very unique. Carlo's breakfast is delicious and most of all - he is nice, funny and always helpfull. You won't regreat paying for this wonderfull place.
It's not only that we will stay there when we come back to Amsterdam: We will come back to Amsterdam in order to stay there.
Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: If the Jasmine room is available, you should ask for it and gain view to the cannal
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Sunhead of 1617 is a gem of a b & b, perfectly situated on Herengracht in a beautiful historic canal house. We had the Tulip Room at the front of the house with a lovely tranquil view over the canal. Our bed was very comfortable and the en-suite shower room beautifully appointed, giving us a wonderfully restful, cosy and relaxed haven to return to after a busy day's sight-seeing. Our hosts were very friendly and welcoming and full of useful information - and an unexpected bonus was Carlos' imaginative, healthy and beautifully presented breakfasts. We didn't need to eat again til dinner-time!
If you want comfort, character and peace and quiet in a convenient location in Amsterdam, this is the place for you. We hope to return!

Room Tip: For a canal view, request the Tulip Room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was my first time in Amsterdam and my stay at Sunhead 1617 made it even a wonderful experience. Important information was right away given. The rooms are very well appointed especially that coffee machine, the breakfast was as described bed and delicious breakfast - was really delicious and freshly prepared. The area is so quaint and conveniently located especially if one loves to walk, trams though are just nearby. Plus for this place is they maintain rooms very clean, nice big towels, and the view from the room is fantastic.
The day I woke up I thought I was in my home so this is now my home in Amsterdam. Talking with the owners at breakfast made me feel like they are family. I need not say more this is my home in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: The tulip room is the best room at the top floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at Sunhead for 3 nights, a short break from our Paris trip, and thoroughly LOVED our stay. Such a beautiful area, and not far from the train station. The bed and breakfast was walking distance to almost everything we wanted to see as first-timers in the city. The room was charming, well appointed and comfortable, with little touches that showed that the owners really think of your comfort. Waking up to a view of fall colors and then looking out the window to see the Herengracht canal and the city slowly coming to life before your eyes was a treat. Waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread and going down to a delicious breakfast by Carlos, sitting in the kitchen as if you were in a friend's house...we definitely recommend Sunhead and will stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The stairs are steep, as with almost all Amsterdam establishments. Take the 2nd floor room if walkin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I had a delightful stay in this charming bed and breakfast. Its convenient location on a quiet street made it an ideal choice for us. The generous and tasty breakfast and cozy, warm room contributed to the B&B's homey feel. The hosts were very friendly and helpful and it was fun to get to know other guests. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I'm a little late in writing my review of this wonderful B&B, but even though it's been a couple of months since my stay, I still think of this place fondly. (And am still dreaming of the fabulous breakfasts I was served each morning!). Carlos is a wonderful host; he cooks amazing breakfasts and he is such a delight to talk to! As others have noted, it is a canal house so the stairs are narrow and steep, and baggage can be quite a haul if you are on the top floor (as I was). However, the Tulip room was perfect! It was great to be on the canal, the room has very high ceilings so had an airy,spacious feeling, and the bathroom was very clean (which is very important to me). Should I return to Amsterdam, I would love to stay at Sunhead again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends