“Great Apartment, Great Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Velvet Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #97 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 2nd week of may for a week & loved it! The host - David was lovely he helped us out with anything we needed. The apartment was really nice & clean the room was nice and big & has a private ensuite bathroom which is a good size too. The view was amazing the decore was very nice & modern. The room has free wifi, cable tv, a dvd player and coffee and tea making facilities. And for an extra 5 euros each person breakfast is provided fresh to your door every morning! The location is great right in the heart of the tourist district everything is within walking distance, and central station is less than a 5 mimute walk away. Really enjoyed our stay here, we would highly recommend this apartment to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location, easy walk from central station with a myriad of restaurant choices on your doorstep. Delicious and generous breakfast basket, spacious, warm room with ensuite bathroom. I was a little concerned about the location with a child in tow. However, turn right outside the door and you head straight into the red light district, turn left and you'll never know it's there!

Room Tip: The front room has the canal view but the back room is equally lovely and slightly larger. David add...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kezzaaustralia_12
Reviewed May 18, 2013

David is a perfect host. Beautiful room and so clean like been home from home, better than any B&B i have stopped in before. Fantastic location right on the canal with great views,the breakfast box was superb and started us up for our days of sightseeing. Would definitely recommend Velvet Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast ........

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Velvet Amsterdam B&B, together with a couple of friends.
Our first sensations was.."Home Sweet Home". Both rooms were confortable,clean, and equipped with everything (Kattle, hair dryer, Cd, Tv and coffee/the facilities) better than most of the business hotel.
We apprecciated the breakfast basket left in front of the door at the time you requested.
David the host is friendly, helpfull and the house is the mirror of him!! THANK YOU becouse our stay was really perfect!
Last but not least the location. This corner of the town is like a postcard! The Central Station is nearby, you have the chance of finding all you need just a step away.
Wonderful relaxing stay:

3  Thank Laura R
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just back from a wonderful stay at Velvet Amsterdam B&B. The location was excellent for its closeness to the train station and central Amsterdam. Moreover, having dozens of restaurants literally within a stone's throw was a definite plus. The room was of a good size, neat and very clean with a splendid view of the canal. Breakfast, which was left outside our room at the requested time was plentiful.Thank you David for our lovely stay.

1  Thank Bartolo_Nat
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Unluckily I could spent just two nights in Velvet B&B but it has been awesome. The room was so clean and I really enjoyed my staying in total comfort. It is located less than 10 min from the central station on one of the nicest canals in Amsterdam in my opinion. In the room I finded everything I needed and even more. The personnel is nice and they leave the breakfast outside the door in a basket at the time you asked, I really appreciated that! Excellent in every aspect!

Room Tip: I've been in the internal room, it has not the view of the other one, but it was perfect.
1  Thank lucamastrilli
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I travel a lot in my work and always stay at business hotels, thus I was looking forward to my stay at Velvet Amsterdam. And I was not disappointed! The host David was more than helpful with answering my questions despite me arriving late in the evening. The room was clean and neat and had everything what I needed. At night I was concerned I might not be able to sleep since the room was on the first floor, but to my surprise I hardly noticed the people passing by. A true gem at a perfect location! I will surely stay at this Bed and Breakfast when I visit Amsterdam again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo