“Highly recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Velvet Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #110 of 336 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location, easy walk from central station with a myriad of restaurant choices on your doorstep. Delicious and generous breakfast basket, spacious, warm room with ensuite bathroom. I was a little concerned about the location with a child in tow. However, turn right outside the door and you head straight into the red light district, turn left and you'll never know it's there!

Room Tip: The front room has the canal view but the back room is equally lovely and slightly larger. David add...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kezzaaustralia_12

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

David is a perfect host. Beautiful room and so clean like been home from home, better than any B&B i have stopped in before. Fantastic location right on the canal with great views,the breakfast box was superb and started us up for our days of sightseeing. Would definitely recommend Velvet Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast ........

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Florence, Italy
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We spent 3 nights at Velvet Amsterdam B&B, together with a couple of friends.
Our first sensations was.."Home Sweet Home". Both rooms were confortable,clean, and equipped with everything (Kattle, hair dryer, Cd, Tv and coffee/the facilities) better than most of the business hotel.
We apprecciated the breakfast basket left in front of the door at the time you requested.
David the host is friendly, helpfull and the house is the mirror of him!! THANK YOU becouse our stay was really perfect!
Last but not least the location. This corner of the town is like a postcard! The Central Station is nearby, you have the chance of finding all you need just a step away.
Wonderful relaxing stay:

3 Thank Laura R
Malta
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just back from a wonderful stay at Velvet Amsterdam B&B. The location was excellent for its closeness to the train station and central Amsterdam. Moreover, having dozens of restaurants literally within a stone's throw was a definite plus. The room was of a good size, neat and very clean with a splendid view of the canal. Breakfast, which was left outside our room at the requested time was plentiful.Thank you David for our lovely stay.

1 Thank Bartolo_Nat
Rome, Italy
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Unluckily I could spent just two nights in Velvet B&B but it has been awesome. The room was so clean and I really enjoyed my staying in total comfort. It is located less than 10 min from the central station on one of the nicest canals in Amsterdam in my opinion. In the room I finded everything I needed and even more. The personnel is nice and they leave the breakfast outside the door in a basket at the time you asked, I really appreciated that! Excellent in every aspect!

Room Tip: I've been in the internal room, it has not the view of the other one, but it was perfect.
1 Thank lucamastrilli
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I travel a lot in my work and always stay at business hotels, thus I was looking forward to my stay at Velvet Amsterdam. And I was not disappointed! The host David was more than helpful with answering my questions despite me arriving late in the evening. The room was clean and neat and had everything what I needed. At night I was concerned I might not be able to sleep since the room was on the first floor, but to my surprise I hardly noticed the people passing by. A true gem at a perfect location! I will surely stay at this Bed and Breakfast when I visit Amsterdam again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A good B&B is definately the best way to stay in Amsterdam as accomodation is very expensive.

Velvet Amsterdam did not disappoint. Parking is impossible in central Amsterdam and impossibly expensive. If you're driving, the best option is to park the car at the Park & Ride at Zeeburg (if coming from the east) and catch the tram in. The 8 Euros a day cost includes the tram ride in and back out for two people. The instructions we were given to get to the Velvet from the central station were easy to follow and we were there in no time. Just as well, as it was raining heavily when we arrived.

Our host was very accomodating and a basic but pleasant breakfast was provided each morning. The location was excellent and our room had a great view over one of the canals and we could watch the atmosphere of people going about their business below. Despite the heavy foot traffic, the room was quiet and no doubt well insulated. We stayed four nights and slept well every night.

Even though the red light district was only about two blocks away, there was nothing seedy about the location. Many excellent restaurants were only a few minutes walk in the opposite direction. The all you can eat ribs at one of the mexican restaurants was to die for (and very cheap).

I definately recommend the Velvet. While in Amsterdam, a guided night tour through the red light district is a must. It's very entertaining and you see things you would never see wandering around on your own.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple