See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Went June 15th (four lads) and it's the perfect affordable hotel near the city centre
If you don't intend on spending the whole trip in the hotel and just using it as a room then it's perfect
Staff are amazing and helpful
Basement is good fun
24/7 bar
Bish bash bosh get it booked

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jack N
Reviewed June 15, 2017

The Rembrandtplein Hotel was on a mostly quiet side street and was convenient for walking to see the sites. I read reviews before the trip and they were very harsh so my expectations were low but it was better than I expected. It is run down and needs some refurbishment but it was decent accommodation. Not a large room but comfortable with a wet room which I don’t like due to the water splashing on other areas of the bathroom but I lived with it for a few nights.

The worse part of the hotel for me was the cleaning times. We are a nightlife couple and therefore need to sleep in a little later on a trip so coming at 9am every morning and knocking of every door was not pleasant. I would have thought this could wait until around 11am when guests would be out of the hotel. Also noisy were the neighbours – our room faced a street and not the canal and this really affected us as the locals were on the move early and made noise as well as lots of noise from construction. I still think it’s worthwhile to stay here if your needs are basic.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

Well located dirty old hotel
No towels
No lift
No food
No phone, water boiler, fridge or even coat hangers in the room
Simply BAD
Ne of the bed's mattress was completely destroyed and the representative said that as the flat wood under the ruined mattress he sees no problem....

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank 925omers
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

This's the worst hotel I've ever been! I can't understand how it can be called a hotel ! The only positive thing about the hotel is the location! It's very central and close to most of attractions. But that's it !!!!
Amsterdam hotels are very expensive but to pay more than 100 for this dirty not hygienic rooms! I wouldn't like to go there again ! No way !
The rooms are way too small , there isn't enough space even to put a suitcase. Okay, it wouldn't be a big issue if the room was clean ! But the bed sheets were dirty, dust is everywhere, bugs can walk on the bed, holes on the floor and ceiling which was covered by mirror. And when you lay down on the bed you can see the ceiling all in dust ! My God !
No view from my window! Just another building!
Bathroom ! Just no comment ! It was so small that when you sit on the toilet, you can wash your hands in the sink! There's no even normal soap ! And the ceiling of the bathroom was all covered by mould. The toilet was broken !
Housekeeping 2 women kept on knocking on the door before the checkout and of course they don't speak neither Dutch nor English. I don't know what language they speak. But Reception 2 men were friendly.
The hotel must be renovated as soon as possible! It's a pity to leave it in this situation. Wits it's great location in a Amsterdam Center it could be real treasure!
Just avoid this place !
P.S. pictures look much better than the reality is !

Stayed: April 2017
9  Thank Amalia T
Reviewed May 13, 2017

Grumpy receptionist, small rooms, no soap in the shower...all in all a hotel that should be closed and rebuilt! No breakfast..only positive thing; close to downtown! Was booke through SAS, and can´t understand they recommend hotel like this.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business