See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 31, 2017

The Hotel was very central but very disappointing.
No plug in the sink, told that that was health and safety policy. floor covering broken, bedside lamps broken, plugs hanging from the walls,
No toiletries apart from hand wash attatched to the wall, No hairdryer or Tv .
2 hand towels given to you, very hard. room did not feel clean, very claustraphopic.
We asked to be moved but told hotel was full, only seen one guest.
Bed looked clean but left with bites from bugs in the bed. Will not be visiting again.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Susan S
Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

Was really expecting something awful from the reviews here, but honestly this was pretty standard and actually really good value for the price/location.

There is a pug that lives there - V.cute. everything was clean - yes there are lots of stairs but that's just part of Amsterdam.

We are the type of people who don't spend time in the room, and just want somewhere okay to sleep at night.

It's good if you wanna be close to the centre, not pay too much! Clean and comfortable.

There is a smoking room in the basement too.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2016

I booked this visit, my seventh in wonderful Amsterdam, as a precursor to a major trip to the Arctic in December, so I had to forego my usual 4*+ hotel.

The Rembrandplein is a small independent hotel, with quirkiness and personality at its forefront. Here is the good...

- It's in a fantastic location in the north part of the Centrum disctrict of the city; VERY safe and quiet.

- The hotel doesn't pretend to be anything that it isn't, and the staff are wonderful: warm, kind, professional and helpful.

- The rooms are VERY VERY small and basic, but clean and I found the bed to be very comfortable. I was in the roof, and with the lift out of action it was a bit of a walk but that's fine.

- Relaxing, homely and friendly atmosphere, especially from Rembrandt, the hotel Pug!

- Cheap, especially as part of an off-season city break.

Here's the bad:

- When I say basic, I mean basic. The room I was in was comfortable but not actually that nice because it was TINY and the decor is appalling and dark.

- Broken lift.

- Toilet flush broke but I was leaving that morning, and the broken toilet isn't exactly the hotel's fault as these things happen.

- For some reason one of my towels was taken when they were cleaning the room, leaving me with one tiny towel. I used the gym shower after my workout each morning so again it didn't matter, but still! The shower itself was excellent and the bathroom very clean.

- No breakfast. I don't eat breakfast, but you might, so be aware.

- The WIFI is poor in the upper floors, and i wasn't offered a safe for my valuables - I'm unsure if they have that facility, but I'm sure they do.

In all, I won't be staying here again as i) I like to try new places each time and ii) I usually go 4*+.

If you are fully aware of what you're going to get, and for what it is, I *would* recommend the Rembrandplein. In a corporate world it is an unpretentious, individual hotel in a superb location with brilliant, warm and welcoming staff, who really work hard to keep the hotel going.

I wish them all the best!

Room Tip: Depends if the lift is working! I didn't see the other rooms but would imagine they're pretty small.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

This hotel says it's family friendly hotel but It is the worse hotel by far wouldn't even call it a hotel more like a disgusting hostel, rooms never cleaned rat traps in room, Windows leak. seen the food a pizza you would get from Iceland for a £1 selling it for €12 comes out black as does there frys that ppl left. cooks food on top a freezer. And the worst of all we got all our presents we bought and €150 stolen from our room from the staff when asked about it or we get the police they fobbed us off for hours then locked the 24 hours reception up with a padlock so we couldn't even check out in the morning for r flight home. Would never stay here again even if it was the only place in Amsterdam. It spoilt r trip. DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL FIND A NICER CHEAP HOTEL IN AMSTERDAM PLENTY ABOUT. Health and safety need to call here.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charlene M
Reviewed October 12, 2016

I want to warn the bidders at this resort - I booked an apartment. Was registered Free cancellation 14 days before entering the hotel. The hotel's policy was registered at authorized for the purpose of a health check payment information to allocate an amount from the bank. Eventually canceled 16 days prior to entry and commitment 350euro. Has been a month - I spoke with the hotel but still no refund

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends