Rembrandtplein Hotel
$245
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $299/night.

$447
$434
  • Pool
$172
$164
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$242
$81
$60
Priceline
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I recently booked a room for four nights. Professional and kind staff who were very friendly and tried to make us feel as comfortable as possible. I loved how our room was directly across the canal and you could hear church bells ringing. It was centrally located to everything! (How did I get so lucky in finding this hotel?) You can sleep soundly because it is very quiet even though people take tours on the canal -- there were no problems. You have a continental breakfast which consists of toast bread, jams, deli meats, cheese and great coffee--no eggs which we didn't mind. I extend my appreciation to the hotel staff, especially Elena, Jordy, "Tico", Estephan, and of course, "Rembrandt" (I loved that pug since I missed mine at home while on vacation). Hopefully, we can stay there again but for a longer time! I recommend this hotel for customer service, location, and the beauty of Amsterdam!

Room Tip: I recommend a room with a view, across the canal. Be ready to climb some stairs since there are no elevators. Next time, I am travelling lighter and plan to stay at this same hotel. No pool so I couldn't comment.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Rembrandtpleinhotel, Manager at Rembrandtplein Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your time to write us , we apreciate it and it gives us motivation to continue to work even with greater joy . Yes Rembrandt is a lovely dog and gives so much positive energy to all of us , right now he is sleeping behind the reception and as you know he snores and sleeps very deep what makes it very difficult for us to stay awake... but coffee helps. Rembrandt says next time to bring your dog as well so he can show amsterdam and have company to play with . We look forward to welcome you back again anytime when your travel plans brings you to our city again. It has been a pleasure having you as our guests. Sincerely

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Realy helpful day staff, frendly and speek English. They adviced on local attractions and weather. Made us feel welcome as did the dog which made it feel homely.

The hotel was in a fantastic location with everything in walking distance. It does need some redecoration but this is being done. The rooms were sutiable size and had a tv. The dineing room and lounge were tidy and comfitable.

I would have liked drink facilitys in my room such as a kettle. A welcome to hotel guide with map/info/rules in multi launge in each room would be good. Also snacks such as chocolate and chrisp behind the bar would be good.

All in all i was happy to stay here and would return again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Rembrandtpleinhotel, Manager at Rembrandtplein Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

thank you for your feedback we appreciate it, we are an old Listed monumental building where the rooms are kept in there original sizes to keep the character of the building and the, Old Dutch Brown style, alive.the rooms are small but as a compensation we have the lobby that guest can use as well and a smoking lounge with computer/printer . free of use . Own drinks and food can be consumed here. we don't have information in the rooms because we want to encourage contact with us where we can better advice or explain our rules an regulation, our history and to give suggestions what to do and where and when , we look forward to welcome you again,sincerely Manager.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed with my wife here on our recent trip and it was a harrowing experience!!!! The room was very small and the bed was dirty with cigarette butts and garbage in the gap between the bed and the wall (this was supposed to be covered with a wood frame which was broken so could see all that). The linens were not good and there was no fan or a/c to use in the room. Our room was on the topmost floor and as there was no elevator we had to carry our luggage on the stairs which were too small to fit 2 persons at the same time. The only good thing I could say about the hotel was its location. It was a 2 min walk to the flee market and waterlooplein square. Lots of restaurants in 2-3 min walk was a good thing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krishna_2111
Rembrandtpleinhotel, Manager at Rembrandtplein Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

We regret you didn't enjoy your stay with us , within the budget and Rating that we are we do our best to make your stay as pleasant as possible. we are a monumental old hotel in a listed building where the rooms ,stairs are kept in the original state . that make us an unique hotel with a lot of character ,typical Old Dutch Brown Style , like the typical bars and cafe in the old center. we never claimed to be of higher standards and should be rated in the category that we are ,we exactly delivered the room ,sizes of the room and services as mentioned in our description and pictures of the property. We hope you enjoyed Amsterdam and his beauty despite your experience with us and had a good time. Sincerely

Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Me and a friend stayed for 2 nights and for that amount of time this hotel was just fine. The breakfast was less than basic although that didn't bother me too much. The staff were kind and helpful and the manager seemed very laid back which would encourage me to stay there again. Damon and Gren :-)

• Stayed: August 2013