“Will be returning.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #299 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Will be returning.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was probably the best hotel i have stayed in on a short break. After reading so many
bad reviews of hotels and hostels in Amsterdam we settled on Rembrantplein hotel. Was really surpised when we get there at how nice the hotel actually was. There was 4 of us girls staying in a room together, the room was actually really big (room 1). The staff made our stay, they were so friendly and helpful we were actually quite sad to be leaving. Espeicailly Andy!! he looked after us all weekend. hotel is clean and in a really nice area. you dont have to walk far to be in the centre of Amsterdam and can easily walk most places you need to go. loved Amsterdam and will be returning and will definatly be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank H0lli3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Weds 3rd Feb 2013 and after a little search found the hotel in a lovely little central area of Amsterdam. Andy and Tony looked after us really well and nothing was too much trouble. It's basic but fabulous. Perfect for people that will spend their days touring Amsterdam and then crashing out at the end of a long day.

Forget the Radisson Blu and the Hilton. Why not stay in a traditional, friendly quaint little B&B and get a true taste of Amsterdam. Thank you Guys, you made our stay brilliant...

We hope to return one day and we'll certainly stay with you...

Best Wishes,

The Griffinovs

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Griffinovs
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

After reading various reviews on this hotel we weren't expecting great things...how wrong could we be! The staff were amazing and so friendly, which is hard to find in Europe considering we are English!

We stayed during a very cold period and the night porters were understanding and arranged for a heater and extra blankets during our stay. They helped with any questions and provided a map with directions to places we wanted to go. Breakfast was a nice surprise too; I was expecting the usual continental which they did cater for but also provided scrambled and fried eggs which are my favourite!

We were in room number 1...so only 1 flight of steps to go up. The stairwells are quite steep, so be carful if you're wearing 5" heels! There were 4 of us and we all found the room to be fine. There was enough space and power sockets for 4 girls and reasonable sized bathroom. We were provided with small hand towels at first, I just went to the front desk and they happily provided us with bigger ones. One other guest did mention this was probably the nicest room in the hotel.

The location is perfect! Local shops are about a 3-4 minute walk (in the snow) to get supplies! It's about a 5 minute walk to Rembrandt Square. We also managed to navigate our way to the Red Light district which took about 15 minutes (we didn't really know where we were walking to however so could be closer). We ordered a taxi when we went to Dam square as we went in the evening and this cost around 15 euros. It is possible to walk there and we made it to Dam square one morning when we got lost!

Overall this is very good value for money. For me the people and staff make my stay the best in any hotel. I really can't thank the hotel staff enough for the service we received. A big shout out to ANDY the night porter who handled 4 drunk woman at 4am very well! You deserve a medal sir! :) ***I would also mention here that this is not a party hotel, it's quite in the evening so you won't be kept up all night by drunk teenagers! A nice mix of guests of different ages. The also have a bar located next to the reception desk. Again, it' not bar with music and dancing but a nice place to sit and have a drink before you go out.

If you're expecting a high end hotel with amazing facilities then be expected to pay much higher prices. Hey you're in Amsterdam... it's a beautiful place. Get outside and explore!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lady_Nova1
Düsseldorf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

As I read all of the reviews, they seem to be true..........
I stayed in a small room in the middle of the hotel next to the stairs. It certainly was not my usual style, but I needed a break from the noise of the city. The location was excellent for restaurants and nightlife and a short walk from central station.
The best thing about this hotel was the service; upon arriving the reservation clerk made me feel at home and insured if I needed anything to just say so.
The next morning I arrived at breakfast to a charming young man the made me feel as if I were in a five star Hotel. The breakfast was certainly not the best but the cappuccino (he offered me to my surprise) was amazing.
Yes, this was worth the stay in this not so nice hotel..............

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LudwigundWagner
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the central train station, in a quaint area right next to one of the many canals. I was on the 3rd floor, which front desk guy helped me with my suitcase up the many small narrow steps, not too happy with that. The room was very small, with a small bed, tv, and bathroom, nothing to write home on!! But who's in your room when in Amsterdam!! I checked out for 1 of my 3 nights to try another place, and came back whereby my last night there, the staff gave me as much to drink as I wanted without a charge, and we talked for many hours with other guests, had a great time!!

Price is a little higher than it should for the hotel itself, but all of Amsterdam is expensive, especially 5 stars there, but everybody speaks English, as far as I'm concerned that's a big plus. Building itself is very old, and could deal with reinvation.

Everything is walkable to this location, red light district, canal boat rides, main street with tons of shopping, Anne Franks house, too many to mention.

Room Tip: Lower floors obviously less steps to go up. I had good heat in my room, had to actually had to ope...