“The Price was Right.........” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rembrandtplein Hotel

Rembrandtplein Hotel
Ranked #298 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Düsseldorf
“The Price was Right.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

As I read all of the reviews, they seem to be true..........
I stayed in a small room in the middle of the hotel next to the stairs. It certainly was not my usual style, but I needed a break from the noise of the city. The location was excellent for restaurants and nightlife and a short walk from central station.
The best thing about this hotel was the service; upon arriving the reservation clerk made me feel at home and insured if I needed anything to just say so.
The next morning I arrived at breakfast to a charming young man the made me feel as if I were in a five star Hotel. The breakfast was certainly not the best but the cappuccino (he offered me to my surprise) was amazing.
Yes, this was worth the stay in this not so nice hotel..............

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LudwigundWagner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hotel is a good 15 minute walk from the central train station, in a quaint area right next to one of the many canals. I was on the 3rd floor, which front desk guy helped me with my suitcase up the many small narrow steps, not too happy with that. The room was very small, with a small bed, tv, and bathroom, nothing to write home on!! But who's in your room when in Amsterdam!! I checked out for 1 of my 3 nights to try another place, and came back whereby my last night there, the staff gave me as much to drink as I wanted without a charge, and we talked for many hours with other guests, had a great time!!

Price is a little higher than it should for the hotel itself, but all of Amsterdam is expensive, especially 5 stars there, but everybody speaks English, as far as I'm concerned that's a big plus. Building itself is very old, and could deal with reinvation.

Everything is walkable to this location, red light district, canal boat rides, main street with tons of shopping, Anne Franks house, too many to mention.

Room Tip: Lower floors obviously less steps to go up. I had good heat in my room, had to actually had to ope...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank tammyBaltimore_Md
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This hotel is located in a great spot, but the rooms are freezing, the rooms and stairs carpet is real dirty, and up on the fifth floor tryin te get up and stairs everyday with a bad back is not good, I would never stay here again and for the price it's disgraceful you would expect more for the price

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jemmarooney

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Londres, Reino Unido
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Avoid this hotel. I stayed there for a couple of days in september and i would NOT recommend it.
From were can I start?
First of all: the review written by 'Elena e' is from a girl who works there!!!
The breakfast is served in a nice bar: scramble eggs, toasts, coffee, salami and ham... But my first brekfast they told me that the jam had finished! But ok, is not the most important thing. But the carpets in the bar and also in the rooms are old and dirty.
The room was small... The toilet horrible... The worst room I've ever slept.. There was mould in the wall..really disgusting!
The paper on the wall in the stairs is sooo old.
And because I complained about the room and the service provided the bar attendent in the reception served me beer and cola for free...

Despite all that the location is good, in a calm street, near some coffeeshops. The staff try to make their best...

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Cassiacy
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Comfortable beds and linens. Good breakfast in a lovely dinning room with fresh flowers. The manager and his family and staff are helpful and friendly. They just added some suites with kitchens great for longer stays or families.the street is quiet and quaint but minutes walk from everything! Loved it! Thanks Rembrandtplein!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunderland, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were here in August 2012 for a long weekend and to be honest there isn't a single decent thing I can say about this place. We were put on the first floor in a room which you couldn't swing a cat in, it was that small! No room to actually open the fridge or leave your suitcase so we ended up tripping over each others luggage to get to the bathroom. Window view was the worst ever, was a view into a stinking courtyard and a cesspit of dumped rubbish, which included a discarded coffee maker?? Lovely. We were also here in the middle of a heatwave and we barely managed to sleep as the windows would not open beyond two centimetres so we were sweating bullets or gasping for air the whole time. Room was extremely dark, we couldn't even see to apply makeup properly. Carpets were lifting up and there was half an inch of dust underneath which didn't go down well with my allergies. I also came away with what looked like bites on my legs and on my neck. Not a pleasant experience at all and I wouldn't recommend this place even to a tramp! The Hammer House of Horrors didn't get a look in. Never again!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank sweetchuck
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Ignore all the bad reviews on here this hotel is great. Situated 2 min walk from the heart of Amsterdam the location is brilliant for what you pay. The staff and service is good aswell as the breakfast and the rooms. Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012