“Out Of This World Spareribs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toetanchamon

Toetanchamon
Reserve with
Toetanchamon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,886 of 3,633 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch, International, European, Egyptian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Auckland, New Zealand
“Out Of This World Spareribs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the Best Western Hotel across the road & on our first of 4 nights in Amsterdam we ventured into here for a drink. The bar wasn't salubrious so we didn't stay for dinner but went down the road. 2 nights later on a very rainy night we again went in for a drink but this time stayed for dinner. We both ordered the spareribs. I had the spicy ones, my husband had the regular ones. First to come out were 4 different sauces, then a nice salad, then the Turkish bread ( which luckily we didn't eat) & the piece de resistance the ribs! 2 racks each of the most succulent fall of the bone meat. Yum!! Also had the choice of rice, fries or spaghetti. Too much. I tried to eat it all but couldn't quite manage. Loved every biteful.
Service was very friendly & the waiter Sharif most hospitable. I would highly recommend this place & will most likely return tomorrow night.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank fran039

“Amazing Steak!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed in the Best Western across the road and just went over after we were tired from travelling and didn't want to venture far. I had the best steak ever. EVER!!!! Tenderloin in an amazing sauce. Not much going on atmosphere wise, staff were nice enough but worth it for that steak!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg, South Africa
“loved the grilled salmon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Blue Square and this restaurant was accross the road. Very warm reception and off to a great start. We all ordered the grilled salmon with dill sauce, which comes with fries and salad. Very tasty. Felt very relaxed there, so much so that we ordered another round of drinks and stayed for coffee, something we dont always do. I really enjoyed this place and would recommend it. Service slowed down towards the end, but i think the waiter thought we had all the time in the world and just wanted to relax.

• Visited July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“A great little place for a delicious lunch near the RIA Congress Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

If you are attending a conference at the RAI Congress Center, or would just like an incredible meal and an excellent experience. I had the Lamb Fajitas... something a bit different from my typical Mexican Fajitas from the home state of Texas.

The owner welcomed me in and was very attentive from the moment I entered the dining room. The decor was interesting and it was obvious that this was a genuine Egyptian restaurant... all the way down to the Egyptian ketchup (a bit sweeter than the Dutch variety). My meal was delicious and I was even offered a complementary coffee at the end of the meal... a great meal and a good way to enjoy an afternoon lunchtime.

I recommend it...

• Visited June 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“A great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at Great Western Blue Square Hotel, across the road from this restaurant. We only stayed two nights and dined at this restaurant twice! There were four of us in our party and all meals were great. Two had beef rib steak, I had special chicken and Ray had beefburger. All were very pleased, loved the salad starter! The second night we had fillet steak, lamb cutlets and burger again, lovely. We also stopped off here for a beer on a very hot afternoon and were tempted to the Ben & Jerry's ice cream, yum yum! You must give it a try. Must mention the staff who were all very welcoming.

• Visited June 2013