“Delicious, innovative nachos - in Amsterdam?!”
Review of Harlem Soul Food

Harlem Soul Food
Ranked #227 of 4,312 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were staying near this restaurant in an apartment and dropped by for lunch one day - bustling place so we waited at the bar and chatted with the very friendly servers. Ordered a small nachos (jalapeno) as a starter and burgers - the burgers were delicious but the nachos were a wonderful surprise. Piled very high and narrow (but with plenty of cheese fully melted throughout) and delicious, very crispy tortilla chips. Who knew?

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Awesome place been twice in a year, great food cool feel. Great find. Very New York feel to the place, locals frequent this place and I'm sure you will agree if the locals are going there it's the place to dine. Enjoy.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Amsterdam is one of my favorite European layover citites. Someone on the crew always seems to have just discovered a 'new' place to try. One of the other pilots wanted to try Harlem Soul Food. It wasn't until we were standing in front that I realized I had been here a couple of years ago. Although only a few minutes walk from the Central Station, you are out of the main tourist-trap area. Harlem Soul Food is small, quaint and the staff friendly.

The menu isn't extensive. Both times I opted for the daily specials. The first time I had the BBQ Beef ribs. They were quite tasty. Last week, the Game Stew: A large island of potato puree, topped with red cabbage and surrounded by a delicious game stew. The waitress knew there was rabbit and a couple of other kinds of meat but wasn't sure which ones. Didn't matter. It was very good.

The place was packed on a Wednesday night: Some tourist, but mostly locals.

1  Thank Charles H
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This review is coming from a New Yorker that spent half his life in Harlem. This place is awesome. Great atmosphere, the owners were friendly, great drinks and I would certainly return. The funny thing is my wife and I didn't even eat here. We just sat, talked and drank pints. We were returning from dinner and came across this place, and it was exactly what we were looking for. There was a warm vibe about this spot and it was very unique. Thanks for a great time and for showing some out of towners so much love. I will surely be back!!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This little place was a great find, full of locals enjoying drinks and food. It was a warm night so we were able to sit outside. The food is giant comfort and finger food, nachos, onion rings & big sarnies. We went there one night for food and beer then popped back on our last day for lunch. If you like comfort food then go there and enjoy, not over priced, great staff and good atmoshpere.