New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Manofa

Hotel Manofa
Ranked #345 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Melbourne, Australia
“It doesn't deserve to be called a hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here last year with my cousin. We primarily chose this place because of its convenient location and frankly speaking that is the only good thing about this hotel. I understand that Amsterdam is expensive but this place is an absolute rip-off for service offered . We paid 220 euros for 3 nights, and what we got was a small dingy room, dirty toilet and stale breakfast.I don't even think they cleaned the room when we were there. Luckily , we were hardly there as we were out whole day. I would never stay at this place with family or with a partner. It is disgraceful.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

3 days you won't remember but never forget! Is everything you need for a few nights in Amsterdam, right next to shops and food, red light district just round the corner with pub crawls starting a 2 minute walk away.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Newtownards, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Well, we stayed here for 5 days last week. We arrived on Thursday the 6th, there were supposed to be 6 of us staying but 2 people pulled out at the last minute. The 4 remaining people arrive expecting to be allocated with two treble room(which is what we booked) only to be given what was supposed to be 1 treble room. Apparently they had to cancel the other room as they could only take one £75 down payment.(we were advised by the hotel that nothing would be taken form the card as we could pay on arrival). Now surely it would have been standard customer service for the hotel to at the very least drop me an email to let me know this had happened but NO!(Apparently it is not their problem to try to hang on to a booking, apparently it was down to the booking company to let us know payment was declined, i doubt this as it was the hotel who decided to take an unauthorised payment)The room we were given only had two beds in it with a mattress on the floor to make it up to a 3 berth room(no way was it) but they let the 4 of us stay at no additional cost as initially they were wanting to charge us a concession of é25 per night for an extra body sleeping in the room, even though the mess was THEIR fault).
They put another mattress on the floor which just about fitted in the room. The bathroom was stinking, We had to clean the bathroom before getting washed, heating was never on(this is early FEB, Heating is required).
Their breakfast was stale, and consisted of bread, cheese(slices), ham and salami.
In general the hotel was noisy, we knew before we went that it was situated in the middle of Dam rack and would be noisy but didn't expect there to be full blown arguments flowing every night between digruntled guests and the management. I do not mean a little tiff i mean a full blown arguments.
Luckily enough this was not my first trip or I would never have went back to Amsterdam.
Very disappointed but at least we were in Amsterdam and as many know it is not hard to get over to sleep.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP

Room Tip: Dont stay here, simples
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Hackensack, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I consider myself flexible with accommodations when staying at a cheap hostel, full well knowing I will not be receiving premium service. Most places I stay in provide the basics, friendly service, transportation arrangements, wake up call, etc. This is not one of those places. My first night I was assigned a room on the first floor which faces the main street. It was a Saturday night and all the club goers and music kept me awake nearly the whole evening. I asked to switch my room for the second night, and I was put in a room on the top floor, though not facing the street, was VERY humid. Seems like this place has no decent rooms. I had an early morning the flight the next day, and asked the person at the front desk when he knocks on my door to make sure I open the door (so I am wake) but he just gave me a rude look and replied "I am not your sitter". Afterwards, when picking up my luggage at the front desk, another desk clerk did not bother to move other luggage out of the way to assist me. This type of service is inexcusable, the hotel good thing about this hotel is it's central location in the city. But the quality of the service is so awful I would rather stay at a more distant location and pay for transportation back and forth, or pay triple to stay in first class accomodations. No savings at this hotel

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was really afraid to stay there after reading a vast number of the reviews about mice, etc. But I have to admit the hotel overperformed itself in my eyes.
Firstly, I wrote them an e-mail telling I gonna come really late in the night of the check-in and received the answer in half an hour that it is completely OK.
We came there for a one-night stay during our eurotrip. I already knew that this will be a hostel-type apartment in a really old house, so I was ready for everything :)).
Actually the hotel was clean, beds were well-made, receptionist was really nice. Yes, the stairs are really steep, so I wouldn't recommend the hotel for the elderly people, but for us it was OK. We got the room at the third floor, small (like promised, as soon as it is an old house, I was not expecting 3 m ceiling), with two beds. Furniture was not new, but well-repaired and clean. Hotel was a good value for the money.
Oh, btw, receptionist was so kind that nevertheless they had no luggage room, he asked to put our bad under the reception desk to look after it).

Room Tip: Choose a room at the 2-d or 3-d floor, not the one facing the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aleksandra K
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The only good thing was its location. The room was dated and dirty the staff were rude except the Asian lady who was very nice. The people in the next room spent ALL night scream at each other and reception didn't do a thing. Avoid this place,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com