“By far my best travel accomodations ever!!!!!”
Review of Amsterdam Escape

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amsterdam Escape
Ranked #71 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 28, 2006

Where do I even begin? Amsterdam Escape Apartments so exceeded any expectations I could have had that I know I won't find the words to say how wonderful the whole experience was from beginning to end.

Let's just start with the team who runs the place--Brandon, Emmett, Dee and Giuseppe. These people are the kindest, most helpful, just great all around hoteliers I've ever met. I can't even begin to go into how above and beyond they went to help us with anything that arose (and we seemed to have one of those bad luck vacations, lost things, sickness, etc).

Then there's the apartments themselves. We stayed in Amsterdam Hollywood. It was gorgeous, huge, stocked with any and every conceivable need, all brand new and renovated, bigger than my old NYC apartment. One of our favorite things was the fact that the apartment is filled with Emmett's Hollywood collectibles--you could just stay in the apartment exploring all of these fascinating objects! There's a VCR with a great collection of movies, a free computer in the hall with Internet connection (very handy!), and a stereo with music included.

The location was absolutely central, we could walk everywhere, and the view of the canal out of our windows was breathtaking. The area where the apartments are located are very luxurious, yet you're five minutes walk from the red light district (for those who just can't resist), five minutes from Dam square, and five minutes in every direction from some of the best shopping and restaurants in Amsterdam, including Chinatown.

I have never been so completely overwhelmed by value for price--these apartments are gems. My only regret in writing this review is that these apartments are bound to become more popular, but they deserve it! I have literally stayed in rental apartments all over the world (my favorite way to stay and act like a local instead of a tourist), and never before have I found a real gem like this. You won't be disappointed, and you may end up making dear friends out of the owners, as we did.

We will be back, very very very soon!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006
31  Thank lawrite

Reviewed March 27, 2006

I probably shouldn't be writing this review because I loved this place so much, I really don't want the word getting out about how amazing it is! I want to keep it all for myself.

We stayed in the Amsterdam Sweet (or Tiny) which was bascially a one room apartment with a hideaway bed. The room was immaculately clean when we arrived which I didn't initially expect actually, so I was pleasantly surprised. The bathroom was very cute and extremely clean and the kitchen was well stocked. They had everything, and I mean EVERYTHING you could want. They had dishes, dish soap, sponges, spare toothbrushes, a microwave, a complimentary refrigerator stocked with sodas, beers, cookies, and candies. If you forgot it, they probably had it in the room.

I also appreciated the TV, the VCR, the DVD/Playstation player, the stereo, etc. It was hands down the nicest place I'd ever stayed in, in that it wasn't like a hotel room. It was as if I had my own little apartment in Amsterdam.

The only part that was a little scary is that the office is down in a very dingy looking basement under the building. I really had to work up my courage to walk in there because there was no sign and I was convinced I must be in the wrong place. However, when I entered, I was greeted by the guy who runs the place and he was extremely nice and made the whole check in experience very pleasant.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend that you consider this place if you are going to Amsterdam. You will never find a hotel cheaper and you would never get the service and homey feeling that this place will give you. I will defintely be back to Amsterdam and I will definitely stay here again, assuming I can get a room!

• Stayed: March 2006
22  Thank Champaign_Foodie
Reviewed February 27, 2006

We had a wonderful time at Amsterdam Escape. Our apartment, Amsterdam High, had everything you could possibly need for an excellent stay in Amsterdam.

As everyone else has said, Brendan was great and we really appreciated his recommendations. There is a bakery and grocery store right across the canal which makes getting groceries easy. The location in Nieuwmarkt was very centrally located yet not actually in the Red Light District.

The canal view was beautiful and the apartment is fully stocked with drinks and snack foods. This stay was the highlight of our trip.

The Italian restaurant downstairs, Gusto, was very good. As far as sightseeing, we really enjoyed the Heineken Experience and you must see the Anne Frank House. Hopefully, in another couple years, we will be able to get back to Amsterdam and we will definitely stay at Amsterdam Escape again.

• Stayed: February 2006
17  Thank mercedes355
Reviewed February 4, 2006

Stayed Jan 26 - Feb 2 @ this great apartment.

We couldn't get enough of the prime location. Great canal view. Just minutes away from the attractions. Fully loaded with all the necessities you would expect in a apartment. Located near a great Italian resturant (Try the homemade Tiramisu!)

The host Brendan is truely a great guy and a great asset to AmsterdamEscape. He quickly responded to anything we asked for.

My friends and I are already planning another trip in May, and we will definelty use AmsterdamEscape.

After staying here, I wouldn't give anywhere else another look.

• Stayed: January 2006
23  Thank crawl
Reviewed February 2, 2006

After deciding on a short break to Amsterdam with my husband I looked towards the old trusty Trip advisor for advise on where to stay.
Amsterdam escape looked fantstic so we booked in there.
One word.......FANTASTIC!
On arrival Brednon upgarded our room to "Amsterdam High" which looked over the canal and superbly located.
The room was the most cosiest, coolest,warmest....most fantastic room I have had the fortune to rest my head!!!!!
The appartment had goodies everywhere to make sure you are well and truely pampered during your stay.
All the little touches add up and boy you get a fantasic pad in Amsterdam.
We cant wait to go back and we have no hesiattion where to book in future....Amsterdam Escape all the way!!!!

20  Thank marziegator
Reviewed January 27, 2006

This was my second time in Amsterdam, and we were looking for a last-minute hotel/hostel for our 3 person, 3 day stay.

At 9pm the night before our departure, I found AmsterdamEscape. They were prompt in answering my questions, and the booking was completed the night before (even though they didn't have an automated system to do it...)

Most rooms were taken, so we chose the AmsterdamCoke apartment.

Needless to say, it was EXCELLENT.

Brendan (the owner, I'm guessing) greeted us at his main apartment building, and walked us to our room. It was HUGE by city room standards- 2 full floors, a kitchen suite, bathroom, living/dining area, and 6 separate sleeping areas (2 double beds, 2 bunks and I think a separate single bed, as well as the sofa).

And we got it cheap- like, 43 pounds per person per night, which was a bargain.

The location was PERFECT. Right in the middle of everything. The decor was simply amazing- so much effort had been vested in creating a "coca-cola" themed experience-- I'd say they ploughed thousands of pounds into all the little knick-knacks and decorations (literally hundreds of Coca-Cola memorabilia- all decorated around the whole apartment).

The whole place was brilliantly cleaned, spotloss.

But the best thing of all was the little touches. Like, the complimentary mini-bar that was filled with chocolate, beer, water, a yoghurt, cookies, etc.

And the free computer on the floor just below with a complimentary "help yourself" tin of chocolate bars.

Or the cooking utensils and condiments, like the bottle of ketchup or the olive oil. Just little things like this that really gave it the touch.

We also found a secret stash of everything you'd need to smoke... a small bag of weed, pipes, papers, a bong, etc. I read on the site that this was another freebie (although, we had to hunt to find it!)

All in all, it was an excellent experience. There was even a Playstation 2, a TV, a hi-fi and a stash of decent games, CDs and DVDs to watch or play with... very cool to compliment your Amsterdam experience.

There's only a few tiny gripes I had about the place that I'm sure would only bother a perfection-seeker like myself. Firstly, there was no-where to plug my laptop in (removing the ethernet cable at the back of the computer and plugging it into mine didn't work)-- a wireless hotspot in the apartment would have been cool.

Secondly, there was no daily maid service or mini-bar refills. Since we paid a nightly rate, I would have expected those to be topped up.

But again, these are only very minor things.. Brendan was an excellent host and I'm sure if we gave him a call, he would have sent someone over to refill right away.

I would HIGHLY recommend an AmsterdamEscape apartment to anyone going to the city. The location is perfect, and the room/suite, decor, experience and freebies vs. price is simply unbeatable. It beats the pants off the hostel we stayed in before-- 100x over.

I will definitely be contacting them again when I'm next over... next time, I think I'll try one of the other apartments, just for a different experience (they all look so good).

• Stayed: January 2006
20  Thank LeeJB
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed December 27, 2005

My girlfriend and I stayed stayed in the Den from 12/13- 12/20 and it was pure bliss. We were so surprised to see that the Den was so perfectly located. We went everywhere in AMS and walked to practically 99% of the places. We loved the Den and plan to return in May. To the next visitors: We left the floor clock near the fireplace VERY well stocked. Tips: As soon as you check-in walk across the street and behind the Waag to the Jolly Joker--they open early and are within 3 min walk. A huge thanks to Brendan, Emmit, and Dee at AMS Escape- see you in May!

• Stayed: December 2005