1,376 results
All reviews smoking room bed dorm free breakfast free earplugs the red light district person room bar downstairs train station dam square beds were comfortable central location amsterdam centraal hostel lockers padlock bunk cereal
Reviewed September 27, 2017

After watching a Bollywood movie, Queen I had decided I would stay at Flying Pig whenever I visit Amsterdam and thats what I did in July 2017. I have never lived in a hostel and was quite scared and nervous. But this hostel was barely a 10 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station. The receptionist was very friendly and made me comfortable as I stepped in. Check in was smooth and quick and booked a 4 bedroom dormitory. The rooms and bathroom were clean. Surprisingly the bunk beds were comfortable. The hostel is located in between eateries, shopping, cafes, and barely a 10 minute walk to the red light district. They have an open bar 24/7 downstairs and you do not feel the need to head out to party. Overall, a great experience at the Flying Pig Downtown. Make sure to carry your own padlock but you can purchase it from the reception too.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo
FlyingPigDT, Manager at Flying Pig Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Hi!

Thank you kindly for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that as your first stay in a hostel we made you feel welcome and comfortable :) Great that you found our rooms clean and comfortable! Indeed we have a 24 hour reception and smoking room, but our bar does close at 3am ;)

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Happy Travels! The piggies

Reviewed September 25, 2017

This was a fun and lively place to stay. The bar is open until 3 am and you will likely hear "Happy Birthday" sung every night. If you are into partying and a fun crowd, this is the place for you. I liked that the hostel had 24-hour reception. It was a benefit to have for a late arrival or early departure. Location is great! It is a quick walk from Centraal Station, Dam Square, shopping, food, and tour options of the city.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
FlyingPigDT, Manager at Flying Pig Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Hey there!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay! We are pleased to hear that you found us such a fun place to stay and were able to join into a happy birthday rendition! ;) Great that you appreciated our 24 hour reception and close proximity to the Downtown sights :)

We hope to see you again next time!
Happy Travels! The Piggies

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Wow, just wow. This was my 1st time in Amsterdam, we met a guy in Berlin 2 years ago who spoke of this hostel, so I made sure to book it! and dam am I super happy we did!

We booked a private double bedroom which was up on the top floor, quiet and beautiful, so clean and a bloody fridge!!! to store all the lovely dutch cheese! Also a TV and an ensuite! with soap and all! was like a hotel! I was so impressed with the room, I think it was around €50 each a night each, very cheap for Amsterdam, plus you get a free breakfast, and its a massive selection of things! Boiled eggs were my personal favourite, made myself some egg in a cup.

The hostel itself is a 2 minute walk from the main train station from the airport. The down stairs has a bar and a smoking room, they do not sell weed, as the law in Amsterdam has changed recently were you can only sell drink or green and not both. Some really cool people run the place. They really helped me out we arrived for Mysteryland Festival on the Friday and we weren't due to stay here until the Monday but I messaged their Facebook page asking if they could mind out bags for a couple of hours on the Friday morning. They said it wasn't normal procedure but helped us out.
Thank you so much guys, it really meant a lot.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank sashaferg
FlyingPigDT, Manager at Flying Pig Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Hey!

Woooohooo! Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your stay! We are so pleased to hear all of your lovely comments! Great that you found us an amazing place and that our staff went beyond the call of duty to help you store your bags! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your private room with fridge, safe, kettle, soap and towels!

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip!
Keep flying! The piggies

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

really clean and nice hostel.
The hostel stuff are amazing!
breakfast is good.
the location of the hostel is perfect, close to every important places.
the smoke area is really cool and the vibes are amazing.
search for dana she will help you with everything.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
FlyingPigDT, Manager at Flying Pig Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Hey!

Woohooo! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay! We are pleased to hear that you found us such an excellent place and that our lovely colleague Dana was on hand to help you out throughout your stay! :)

We hope to see you next time! Happy Travels, The Piggies

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

The security is foolproof. Its always full so you get to meet a lot of people. Smoking room is cool. Breakfast spread is above average, with tasty cereals, milk, yogurt, variety of breads, fruits, juices, tea and coffee. Each day they have a lot of activities lined up. Beer is cheap. Bathrooms and toilets are clean, if not, a msg at the desk can sort it asap. Cheers! Recommended!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
FlyingPigDT, Manager at Flying Pig Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Hello!

Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are thrilled to hear that you found our free breakfast above average and appreciated our bar activities! Great that you found our security foolproof! This is something we take very seriously so are pleased to hear so :) Wonderful that you appreciated our 24 hour reception desk and prompts in the bathrooms to let us know if they are not clean :) We are always here to help!

Thanks for recommending us! We appreciate your loyalty! Happy Travels! The Piggies