Flying Pig Downtown
  • Room Service
$292
$180
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

$274
$264
$204
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$318
$251
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $288/night.

Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$85
$57
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $77/night.

1,343 results
All reviewssmoking roombed dormfree breakfastfree earplugsthe red light districtperson roomyoung travellersbar downstairstrain stationdam squarebeds were comfortablelocation is greatcentral locationamsterdam centraalhostellockersbackpackers
Reviewed November 13, 2007

People are friendly, you are close to everything.
Staff are wonderful, you can leave your bag in the luggage room after you have checked out til 6pm. Rooms are cleaned everyday, beds are comfy. Bathrooms are fine. Free internet access, boardgames , cheap drinks and friendly faces.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2007

If you are looking for the epitome of a hostel this is it. I have to say, this was not a place for me, it was not bad, but just not for me, I didn't hate it.

Property has a great location, friendly staff. The lounge is always crowded, they have a bar! Breakfast was great, plenty to choose from; breads, pastries, cereals, refreshments. Plenty of Amsterdam charm.

Rooms were not the cleanest, but descent. I stayed in a room with two bunk beds (four people) for three nights. Linens were okay, beds were quite comfy. Bathroom and shower in room. The best part was that there were boxes with locks (bring your own lock) for each person under the beds.

I did not spend any time at the hostel, which is a must, again not my scene. Buy your Van Gogh Museum tickets at the reception desk and definitely buy their map for 1EUR.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Quique02
Reviewed October 23, 2007

The world famous Flying Pig is a must for anyone looking for a hostel experience in a great city. The place is not quite university dorm room wild but not far from it, plus a lot more marijuana smoke. Bar downstairs, Free internet, pool tables, there's lot's to do here...just don't try to sleep - The beds and pillows are terrrible, the skwigi full of gunk in the shower is pretty gross, but if you're willing to stay at to the Flying Pig, you really shouldn't care!

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Great hostel-very impressed.
First hostel experience and everything I expected..yep people come in during the night but they are quiet for the most part.
Staff are FANTASTIC-I read otherwide someone and its not the case.We stayed for 7 nights and I received sooo much helpful nformation. It zqs so nice to meet so many people from around the world. Our room didnt have a shower or toilet which was a mild annoyance for a 12 person room but nothing that I wouldnt return for. VERY central to so much shopping,etc
Would definately recommend/return.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrequenttravellerCA
Reviewed April 16, 2007

You stay at the Flying Pig downtown to experience life. It was my first trip overseas. My friends were arriving the next day. So the first day/night I spent alone.

It was definitely a blast. I kid you not: the first person I met there was a sword and fire eating busker from Switzerland. It was insane. We had a few beers, then he ran out of cash. So I followed him to the downtown square. He drew a crown of like 80 people, and put on his show. It was pretty cool.

I could go on with probably about 100 stories about this hostel. I was there for 8 nights. You come here for fun, and that's it. People are either there doing something or going out doing something. Everyone is very friendly - easy to meet people. The place is rocking 24h. The room I was in held like 20+ people.

It's dirty as all heck though (washrooms, etc). And a different person in my room had something stolen from them every night, so you should be careful. But it is well worth it. A great life experience. Even my friends who showed up later, and are a bit prudish by nature - but also stayed there for a week or so - wouldn't give back the time spent there for the world. Best hostel in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends