“Great find near my hotel”
Review of Ponte Vecchio

Ponte Vecchio
Reserve with
Ponte Vecchio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #639 of 4,303 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dam Square
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Very simple, very friendly, good value.

I have been several times for lunchs and a dinner. My second lunch I had forgotton my wallet at my hotel and the chef/owner was very cool saying come back when ever, but I came back right away and paid. So I thought I oeed him at least another meal for being so cool.

The pizzas are crisy handmade and delicious, classic dinner of simple capese and carbonara. Every thing was done perfectly.

1  Thank PlasticMetalGlass

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food was Italian and the Waiter Spanish but English seems to be the normal language everywhere in Amsterdam. The food was excellent and there was a large choice and the service was amazing.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were looking for a place near Centraal Station for a quick meal before our evening walking tour and saw this place. It was very good! We had pasta and salad, nothing fancy, but it was homemade, the server was very friendly, and we left happy and ready to walk!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We happened to wander into this place after a day of sight seeing in Amsterdam. I think our server was the proprietor of the restaurant, and he gave us much attention and excellent service. The food was fantastic. Husband had a pizza and I got one of the specials, which was a pasta dish with mushrooms and shrimp. Absolutely amazing, and you can really taste how fresh and homemade it all is. They were even kind enough to prepare my shrimp without the heads as I'm a squeamish American, haha. We also had the bread and butter and it was delicious. It's like a garlic herb butter and the bread was really fresh and yummy. I definitely recommend a dinner here if you are in Amsterdam.

1  Thank Renee I
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Yesterday after a long day of sightseeing Don and I decided to eat at a little Italian place we had seen the previous day. Ponte Vecchio is tiny and tucked away in an area of the city that is not as busy as the main tourist areas. They offer a good selection of appitizers, pastas and meat dishes as well as several specials every day. For a house bottle of wine, a Vallopachelo, (25 euros), an order of lasagna and a daily special of lamb chops followed by 2 orders of homemade Tiramiso the bill was about 70 euros. We decided to eat indoors at a table near the back which was quiet and comfortable. The service was excellent and the chef and the server both spoke excellent english. The atmoshpere is relaxed and even a little home-like. Italian music played loud enough to hear it but low enough so as not to prevent conversation. Having been to Italy several times I am quite familiar with real Italian cuisine and looking forward to some authentic italian, not the americanized italian dishes offered back home. I was not dissappointed. The small loaves of bread came hot from the oven with a herbed butter and bottles of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I tasted the warm bread and could not resist eating an entire little loaf. It was delicious, and home made.
The lamb was cooked to perfection and the sliced potatoes served in a creamed muchroom sauce was perfectly paired to enhance the flavour of the lamb. The dish also came with a small salad of mixed greens with olives in a light dressing. The portion was just right, 6 chops rather than the 3 or 4 usually offered back home.
My partner ordered lasagna which came very hot, still bubbling from the oven. He throughly enjoyed it once it cooled a bit.
We followed this with an order of home made tiramisu each, which was heavenly. The perfect ending to a busy day.
I can not recommend this restaraunt highly enough. I had not thought of Italian food when visiting Holland, until now. It will be one of my fondest memories of Amsterdam!

1  Thank DianeGreen53