New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zuiderbad (indoor)

Zuiderbad (indoor)
Ranked #230 of 466 things to do in Amsterdam
London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Entry fee was under €3 per adult(daytime price). Very reasonable price for any city centre- certainly would encourage me to pay another visit.
I was disappointed (only a little) as the descriptions online mention the art deco style of both the interior and exterior of the building. I cannot say that it was so obvious of that style when I saw it with my own eyes, nevertheless, It was a reasonably pretty hall and swimming pool. Nicer/more interesting than many public pools in the UK. Nice mosaic/tiled Fountain, although it wasn't on when we visited. The pool was surprisingly warm- pleasant temperature(I didnt go my usual "whaa!" with shock when I got in). The Balcony gives it a nice touch.
Very ingenious design of the changing cubicles - simple, but clever. Hairdryer on a wall mounted track with adjustable height, showers, and toilets. All good.
Very impressed by the facility of the wellness suite in the corner of the hall. Available is a choice of a herbal jacuzzi bath(there are 4 baths available that accomodate 1 person, max 2 maybe-cosily ? per bath, the infra red cabin (to sooth sore muscles...and I think there was also a sauna cabin. Coins available from reception to operate the facilities... and each treatment is €2.30 - a very reasonable price I thought.
The free lockers are controlled via an electronic system that locks and unlocks them along with your choice of PIN. The digital interactive screen displays commands in a few languages, to suit, which we found very useful. (Although other dutch visitors were more than willing to lend us a hand- that would be unusual in London!) A little confusing being our first visit, but I think we got the jist of it. Most likely to come here again during the course of this, our short holiday.
A stairlift was fitted to the main entrance stairs for the disabled, I'm unsure what other facilities were provided for disabilities- best to ask.

Visited September 2013
6 Thank LondonExplorer76

San Francisco
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is one of the nicer attractions of Amsterdam. It's a pool located in an old art deco building. 3.50 euros to get in and that includes lockers. Open to public at 8 am each morning. Water is warm (probably 20 degrees celsisus). Lanes and open swimming plus a waterfall on one side of the pool. Great chance to see the locals and rest from the hordes of tourists.

Visited August 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Swimming in a historic building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you like to swim while you're in Amsterdam, you should visit the Zuiderbad. It's located near the Museumplein. It was build in 1897 and became a swimming pool in 1912, since then the design has stayed the same which creates a great swimming experience.

The water in the swimming pool isn't heated and this was terrible when I was a small kid that had to go the Zuiderbad for swimming lessons, but the last time I visited it didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed swimming in this classic building in the city center of Amsterdam.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank kfbkrebbers
UK
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 252 helpful votes
“Nice to swim in the city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

Zuiderbad is a small swimming pool in the centre of Amsterdam, just behind the Rijksmuseum. It is only 25m long but is set in a very beautiful old building with lovely interior decoration.

It is a very informal pool - just perfect if you are in Amsterdam on business and want a quick swim before your first meeting of the day. It opens at 7am weekdays, and only costs 3.10 euros (Sept 2010 price).

You don't need a coin for the lockers as they are operated by a very simple 4 digit code system. You just need to enter your chosen code to lock and unlock the lockers.

8 Thank Neatham