“Outstanding”

Supperclub Amsterdam
Ranked #28 of 289 Nightlife in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Supperclub is more than a restaurant, a gallery, a bar or a club. it is all of the above. it's a place where like-minds find each other and go home with a story at the end of the night. supperclub brings you a night full of spectacle, from exciting food concepts, exhilarating music, provocative performances to artistic visuals. everyone plays a roll, even you, and fills in the white canvas that is the supperclub. we hope you're wearing your good socks. because when you step through the silver door of the old theatre hall and lay on the crisp white beds, you'll be taking off your shoes. pay no mind to etiquette and good table manners. put aside your existing (culinary) dogma and open your mind. let notorious performances amaze you or discover new talent.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Even though it was a quiet Sunday night the service here was impeccable! Entertainment was certainly entertaining, really enjoyed the whole performance, especially the dj's work! Would like to go on a livelier night in the future!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

More for younger people, age 20-40, but an interesting experience for the older crowd, my friend and I are over 60.....The food was a bit different but tasty. It was nice to watch how well organized everything went from the open kitchen to the time the food lands in front of you. Between meals there were some in house shows with either a couple walking around half naked and small fire acts or a bit of S/M, but very conservative.....don't take young kids. On the whole a worthwhile experience but not again.....unless you are younger. Men and women congregate in the bathrooms for conversation and cigeratte break.

1  Thank Jack T
Reviewed December 8, 2013

On booking a weekend away one of the first things we did was book the supper club for dinner on the Saturday. Turned up and our reservation wasn't on the list apparently an email is sent a day before your reservation and you are to reconfirm-I hadn't had an email. Anyway the doorman was great and sorted the issue out. We went to have drinks in the bar which was really nice and then we're shown to our bed. We were super cramped in, just as well the couples either side of us were lovely and we all chatted away. The music was really good and the atmosphere was great. The food errrrr I am veggie and the food served up made me think I was auditioning for I'm a Celeb, the first two plates actually made me gag. The acts were good but all seemed to lack any effort, all seemed like they wanted to rush through what they had to do and get home for a cup of tea. Not sure i would go back ..... I needed to get some chips on the way back to the hotel!! Also agree about the loo's they were so awful I actually couldn't use them.

1  Thank 77LeaL
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My partner took me here to celebrate my 30th birthday, and the anticipation of not knowing what to expect pre-arrival was exciting.

It's not immediately obvious as you head down a long (slightly dodgy) looking alleyway and find the big black door. Ring the bell for entry.

You are checked in and show downstairs to the cloakroom, toilet and bar area. There are no mirrors in the toilet (not sure why not?) and they are unisex.

We proceeded or the main event and was shown to our bed on the ground floor. The welcome by the maître d was warm and informative. We ordered drinks and settled down. After 20 minutes a large group of 13 men attempted to squeeze into the small corner next to us, and once there it was apparent we would not all comfortably fit. The large group complained and before even consulting us, he confirmed that it they were not fully booked he would move us. Insulted not to be asked firstly, but to overhear his intentions was even ruder. Knowing that this was potentially on the cards I did the not relax until he eventually came over to impart the news.

Before moving we explained that this was very inconvenient and the maître d said he would "look after us"

We were moved to the otherside of the restaurant to another cramped corner in which 8 people were sitting. It was not comfortable and felt like we had encroached on their space.

The night proceeded and only 2 acts came on at mid points in the meal, I was expecting more. The food was nice, but it would not make me return and the sweet of fruit, biscuit and cream was lazy and cheap.

The servings staff were nice, however when the performers returned to the main room in their own clothing to chat with their colleagues it ruined to whole act/illusion of it all. It made people feel that it was time to leave despite being billed as a late night venue.

On payment we noticed that my partners drinks had been removed from the bill and they gave me a small gift. It was very obvious that people working there were tired from fri/sat nights antics and as a customer we paid the same price, yet did not get the same experience or level of service.

Sadly I would not return and spend money on a mediocre experience and for a standard meal. I like the whole idea of the beds, but your personal comfort depends on who are next to,and the people next to us were rude and fidgety and did not all stay sitting at any one time. The group that we were originally siting next to had invited 2 "ladies of the night" to join their party, and whilst I appreciated that we were in the relaxed city of Amsterdam, I still do not want to see that when I am eating. End of.

1  Thank Gemmalondon26
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Strangest meal I have ever had, but worth the experience. I went with my mother, which may have been the wrong choice, but we had so much fun! Every experience is different, but during our dinner a woman stripped and danced for us and a man took off all his clothes and painted his body. The food was amazing, and the whole dinner was entertaining. Definitely worth a try!