“Great venue”
Review of Paradiso

Paradiso
Ranked #15 of 292 Nightlife in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to Paradiso a few time now,and find it to be a great venue to see a group.A good atmosphere and a good time to be had.Door and bar staff very good,love this venue.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

don't miss this one coz this could be the best music and beats u've ever heard or dance upon .. Itts like a palace turned into a disco -massive , big que outside - long wait on weekends but the time u'll enter into this disco u won't check out unless they are done ...

1  Thank sandy9990
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stunning show in a fantastic setting! The venue was gorgeous. Staff were really friendly and very much enjoyed the show! Definitely worth checking her out if she is in town again!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Paradiso adds the extra "+" to an artisit's preformace: wat is good gest better, what is best is better then best!. Yesterday George Thorogood & the Destroyers: stil alive and kicking. From teh start of his first song the church rocks!
Staff is friendly, building even has seats for elderly and places for wheelchairs, toilets are clean and accesible! My compliments and "I'll be back" !

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Paradiso reminds me on Belgrade's Student Cultural Centre (SKC). Interior architecture is almost identical.

Paradiso was a church before converted in 1968 into a rock venue, whilst SKC belonged to secret police until 1971 when it was handed over to city youth organization.

(Both was typical for Netherlands and East Europe, respectively... ha ha).

The gigs at Paradiso were in fact the main reason I repetedly visited Amsterdam. It was neither coffee shops noor employed ladies in kibic windows lighted bz red lamps. I am saving my virginity for the sacred marriage, as for example Tegan and Sara did, as they told to the audience, on June 26th:

- We like Amsterdam because of bikes and so on, not because of weed and beer, we are just like our mother who had two glasses of champagne last night and suffers a hangover...

Or just like Patti Smith told next day:

- I will never get used to bikes. I have one, made in Amsterdam, all black, but I never used breaks in America, you konow, but once I went to a dinner at my friend's house on the hill, and it was so when I was riding my back on the way back downhill, I was rushing right into the trees, and I thought I was going to die, and I asked God what to do, and he said 'Use the breaks', and so, here I am...

Ok, here's a shirt list of bands I saw (or will see) at Paradiso: The Breeders, Blondie, Patti Smith, Tegan and Sara, B 52's, Pixies, Yo La Tengo...

Paradiso looks as twin venuo of Belgrade's SKC, as I said, and it was ironic that I saw Public Image Limited at SKC in Belgrade on June 13th, then rushed by plane to Copenhagen to see Bucharach at Koncerthus, then rushed by plane to Amsterdam to see Tegan and Sara and Patti Smith.

Sound at Paradiso is great, personal is friendly, air condition works perfectly, no smoking no weeds concerts, just beer.