“De Waag”

$53.74*
Amsterdam Private Food Walking Tour with Tastings
$118.23*
and up
Amsterdam Super Saver: Zaanse Schans Windmills plus Delft, The Hague and...
$89.57*
and up
Amsterdam Super Saver: City Sightseeing Tour plus Half-Day Trip to Delft, The...
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is the old weigh station that was used to weigh goods being brought in and out on ships from Amsterdam. There is a restaurant that serves lunch and dinner at this location. The outside currently looks like they are doing some restoration. It is really close the red light district and close to Dam Square.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've been by this place many times but never actually went in until a few years ago when I noticed it actually was a restaurant. We made reservations (I highly suggest it) and went back for a late night meal. It was outstanding - a bit on the fancy side for my husband, but we've been back twice since. I've gotten the steak each time I've been. It was excellent - the chef does it very rare.

If you are not staying within walking distance, you can catch a cab right behind almost every time (they park in the little lot behind.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I walked from the Central Station to the Zeedijk and then to the Nieuwmarkt where the Waag is located. It's a wonderful building but when I arrived, unfortunately it was in scaffolds. Nonetheless I could take some nice pictures and enjoyed the area around the Waag.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

we passed it one day and went back next day for lunch because looked lovely unfortunaty staff were not at all helpful and we walked out after two tables who arrived after us were served and still no one came to our table , soooo diapointed

1  Thank alanddoc
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very good location + historical grounds.
Good place for just a drink or lunch or dinner.
Coffee + applepie is famous.
Good selection for drinks as well.
Nice outside terrace in the summer.
Ideal spot for watching the world go bye.
A bit on the high side pricewise but that's because of the location, obviously.

1  Thank tejostr