“Good zoo ”

Ranked #43 of 615 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stroll among the shady trees, admire the diversity of plants and animals, travel to the stars, enjoy our heritage. Visit ARTIS Amsterdam Royal Zoo and experience nature right in the city centre.
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed our trip to the zoo, I found it big enough and there was plenty of animals to see. However, it was a bit crowded and we went to the cafe for lunch and they burnt my food, not once, but twice and the second time they served it to me anyway!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,180)
All reviews
"lion enclosure"
in 47 reviews
"animal enclosures"
in 44 reviews
"wide variety of animals"
in 41 reviews
in 63 reviews
"jaguar"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

ARTIS was truly the highlight of our holiday. It's well planned and animals all have great enclosures. The best part was definitely getting to see the Red Ruff Lemurs up close and personal. The only regret I have is leaving our visit to the last day of our holiday, I honestly could have spent three times longer there.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Being a zoo keeper myself, I always like to visit other zoos while I'm on holiday as I love animals and like to look at how different other zoos animal exhibits are. I was extremely impressed with this zoo. Lots of big enclosures with lots of things to do in them for the animals. Was really intrigued by all of the mix species enclosures as well as it was very different to what I have seen before. With gorillas and meerkats housed together and raccoons and skunks being housed together it was definitely amazing to see. The zoo was very clean and had lots of friendly staff around. Would definitely return again. Lots of amazing animals there and situated in such a beautiful area as well.

1  Thank Megan L
Reviewed August 17, 2017

We were staying just around the corner from the zoo and were able to get there nice and early. It is a well laid out large zoo using water to keep the animals penned in rather than fences. There are several places to stop and have a coffee and overall it was an interesting place to go, the aquarium was fascinating. By the time we were ready to leave it was very busy and we had seen everything.

1  Thank lettermacaward