“Very cute”

Houseboat Museum (Woonboot Museum)
Book In Advance
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very cute”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Have an interest in houseboats as a possibility for my future and it was great to have a nosey around and a good look inside one.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“It was a sight to see!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had the "I Amsterdam" city card and so my admission to this place was free. Also, the canal cruise driver suggested that we visit the museum because you'll see that it's spacious inside. So I went. The only spacious place was the living/dining/den/office room but the bedroom... it was really tiny! Great experience overall!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was quite an interesting experience and as informative as the museum is I wouldnt recommend it to anyone with a phobia of small spaces and the likelihood of becoming seasick.
When I went in I sat down to read the info page I had been given and just as I did so another boat went past causing the house boat to rock. This didnt help and I looked around quickly and left. If it had been calmer I would have stayed longer - very informative though.

Guntersville, Alabama
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“My husband's choice - ok and brief”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband is the boat enthusiast so he really wanted to see this. It was ok for me just because there are so many houseboats in Amsterdam and this allows you to see in one if you aren't staying on one. Plus, it was one of the few places we could use our Holland Pass, green clog ticket. (I do recommend the Holland Pass.) It is cozy to see and doesn't take but a few minutes. But I wouldn't go to great effort to visit if you have a long distance to walk or travel.

Visited May 2012
Scotland
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Very interesting and worth the short visit”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Its worth a visit if you are staying near the area, if not then we recommend you do and, enjoy the local cuture and cuisine of the Prinsengracht area.

Visited May 2012