“Just Go!”
Review of Restaurant Freud

Restaurant Freud
Reserve with
Restaurant Freud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #801 of 4,096 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Although the city is packed with excellent places to eat this is up there with the best. Small but exquisite menu , superb staff who were really friendly and helpful. Maybe a little off the beaten track for tourists but well worth the effort to go. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Kevin P

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had dinner there two nights ago when they offered a two-course dinner for 24 Euros consisting of an appetizer and main course. The appetizer was really three different and unique dishes consisting of squid with a salsa-like sauce, a salad with grapefruit and avocado and fennel, and beet falafel which were also delicious.

We selected the steak and the leg-of-lamb for dinner and they were both done perfectly medium rare and each with a unique and very tasty sauce. The steak came with gnocchi while the leg-of-lamb came with a sweet potato and vege combination.

Service was superb. I asked for some more bread to soak up the sauce with my steak and was surprised that it took so long until the waiter showed up with two freshly baked rolls that the chef had just whipped up for us.

In terms of value and taste - we thought everything was superb.

2  Thank Harvey S
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I went there with my other half and 2 daughters aged 4 and 7 I was initially worried that their menu was not suitable for kids but they were kind enough to make food that my girls enjoyed and we had a delicious two course meal which was cooked to perfection but above all was the service and and how friendly and welcoming and warm they were to us especially paying attention to the kids the starter was fresh and so full of flavour. The resturant has a great a ambiance and uniquely different decor I will be going back there the next time im in Amsterdam

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This restaurant is located in the Spaarndammerbuurt, at the north-side of the train tracks. You can take bus 22 from Central Station. They recently moved across the street. The interior is fresh and warm.

The staff is really friendly, humble almost. Restaurant Freud gives them a (second) chance. I must say, I still would have praised the waiters if I didn't know that. How refreshing!

We enjoyed our starters very much. The main course was a bit plane. We both had the chicken (without seasoning?) with salad. So, we'll try something else next time! The rose house-wine was fine. Starter and main course is a fixed €23,50, which is fair.

A strange thing about this Saturday night was the average age of the guests: were did everybody under 55 go?

All and all a good experience! I would definitely recommend this if you want to look a bit further than Dam-square when visiting Amsterdam.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

On a snowy saterday evening we walked to freus. Got a good welcome and were seated. Got some warm fresh bread with oil and we chose the menu of 25 euro with a bottle of rioja.
Quick service and then a tomato-soup wich tasted well but could have had a little bit more bite.
The steak was really perfect. The dessert, presented by the chef himself was a very surprising combination of chocolate and forest-fruit coulis.
All in all, very good for a reasonable price.

1  Thank willSlenaken