“Tasty Ethiopian food”
Review of Serengeti

Serengeti
Reserve with
Serengeti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,628 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Tasty Ethiopian food”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Tasty Ethiopian food, big choice of vegan dishes, the service in good and the staff very friendly. Pity it's a bit out of the centre, but if I happen to be in that area again I will probably go back. Good value for money as well!

Sitges, Spain
“Good food. Good service!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

It was my first time eating Ethiopian food. I wasn't sure what to expect, but thank you Marise Silveira, who was the manager/waitress at the restaurant. She made it a memorable experience, and I would definitely go there again.
Not sure what to order? Ask Marise! Very good food, at reasonable price.

• Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“For Eritrean/Ethiopian food fans”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I confess I am addicted to this kind of food, and hard to find (at least a good restaurant) in plenty of cities/countries.

I was glad last year that I found this one in Amsterdam. Food is outrageously great. Atmosphere is really great. Be sure to visit if you enjoy spicy "hands-on" food. Honestly one of the best places to eat in Amsterdam, specially with a group of friends.

Visited May 2012
Hereford
“Out of the ordinary.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We found Serengeti by accident, looking for somewhere to eat. Most places nearby looked rather ordinary but this restaurant had bright, colourful decor, and the lady we met outside (who turned out to be the chef's girlfriend) did a very good job of tempting us in. The African tea and quinoa beers were good; we hadn't tried them before. The main courses were tasty, with interesting flavours and were very fresh. The salads were good. You are likely to wait a while for your food, but it was a pleasant place to wait, and the service is very friendly.

London, England, United Kingdom
“Not for the faint hearted.....”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Having had African food many times but never Ethiopian, my husband and I decided to try the Serengeti. Unwisely as it turned out. The food was mediocre, there was very little difference between the lamb my husband ordered and the sliced beef (which in fact was minced beef) which I ordered. Not sure whethere the sauces were the same but one couldnt differentiate. The large pancake type bread which the food was served on was cold and hardly edible. We left feeling that we had had a starter, rather than an evening meal. Would not return, nor recommend to any friends.

• Visited April 2012