“Great tapas”

Tasca Bellota
Ranked #200 of 3,900 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
New Providence, New Jersey
“Great tapas”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed every tapa. We started off with some Sangria, then had the following tapas: tiger prawns,vegetable, potato egg tart, beef stew and red snapper with tomatoes. everything was very flavorful. The service was excellent.

• Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
“Don't miss this amazing tapas restaurant”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

the patatas bravas were wonderful! mhmmm
the atmosphere is really cozy. These people do really know how to make the best tapas. The ingredients are from good quality and the result is so tasteful! You shouldn't miss this place when visiting Amsterdam. We were lucky that we had a table for 2 persons but it might be a good idea to make a reservation :-)
Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great tapas and friendly service”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A lovely little restaurant in the Jordaan area. We went there on a Sunday evening and were glad to have booked as it was very busy. Nice atmosphere with friendly owner and staff.
Lots of tapas to choose from. We particularly enjoyed the prawns, lamb cutlets and crazy potatoes. Portions are generous - we had six tapas between the two of us when four would have sufficed. We shared a pudding (crema catalana) but were slightly disappointed as we found it too sweet compared to other versions we've eaten in Spain. We had a couple of glasses of a young Rioja and were impressed with this.
Price was very reasonable given the quality of the food and the size of portions. Would certainly go back here.

• Visited October 2013
“Great little tapas restaurant.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I came to this restaurant based on Tripadvisor as I was craving different cuisine from my normal fare. I travel to Amsterdam often and find it difficult to find good food as a single. I was pleasantly surprised what a quaint place this is and also the fact I could get seated without reservations. Based on some of the comments I decided on the chorizo, lamb and stew combo with crazy potatoes. And a half a carafe of sangria. I misjudge the amount of food but finished what I could. I found the staff really friendly and helpful and the food to be really good.

I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited October 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Authentic tapas bar with good food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had lunch here, it has a very small interior and is reasonably busy , but we got a table as we were quite early. the food was very good, not cheap but not unreasonable by Amsterdam standards.

Visited August 2013