“Much better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of China Si Chuan Kitchen

China Si Chuan Kitchen
Warmoesstraat 17 | 1012 HT, 1012 HT Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District (De Wallen))
020 4207833
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #487 of 3,021 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Much better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My Partner and I arrived about 8:30pm in the evening and was told to wait for 5 mintues for a table which was fine.
We got seated in a wee tubby whole at the front window away from all the other guests which was nice and we could watch people walk by.
We had the Meat platter and sichuan spicy pork, both were really nice and couldn't fault anything about the meal or our surroundings.
This was much better than what I've had in Edinburgh. Unless someone can point me the right direction of a good place here.

• Visited January 2014

Brussels, Belgium
“nice service, acceptable food but............”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

On a very busy street of Amsterdam, the restaurant seems to attract many people, locals and tourists. After my nice experience in a Yunnan restaurant in Paris, I was looking for real spicy Chinese food. This was my pick after some research.

The restaurant was very busy on Saturday night but unlike most of Chinese restaurants (if only you agree with me), the waitress with smile asked us to wait for 10 minutes, already giving us good impression.

Yellow river chicken with 4 chili signs wasn't as spicy as I wished. Maybe they moderate the taste according to locals. The chicken must have been bite size but it was popcorn size. At least sichuan pepper and dried chili was there but the portion was one quarter of the amount in my other chicken dish in Paris.

Spicy beef salad was OK, but the broth was definately made of MSG.

OK, they offer something different from the chinese take-away but it was far from what I can appreciate.

• Visited December 2013
San Diego, California
“Simple, but authentic Chinese food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We came to Chinatown specifically for dinner and then became so hungry that we couldn't decide where to eat. By default we ducked into this restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the tasty food and super kind service. The food wasn't anything particularly special, but it was flavorful and perfect for what we were looking for that evening. Of special note, however, the service was very kind and accommodating and this made the meal that much more enjoyable. We had an early dinner, so were thankful the restaurant was open to accept patrons at off hours.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank coldwatersurfgirl
Amsterdam
“The real taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Heard so many good things about this restaurant and tested it. What a treat! Simply the best chinese food in Amsterdam ever and anywhere else in a very long time. Dinner for two for less than 40 euro. This now is my favourite Chinese place in town. Sorry Nam Kee (which is nice too).

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Its worth trying it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We were wondering around red district area looking for an oriental place to eat,we came across this place and decided to check it out.the place is always packed,the food is delicious and reasonable priced.on the down side the service is slow and abit horrible to be honest.plus as there is only one chef cooking they take a while to serve you

Visited October 2013