“Excellent the 1st time HORRIBLE the 2nd time!”

China Si Chuan Kitchen
Reserve with
China Si Chuan Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,422 of 4,190 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went there a few days ago, was excellent. The service was great and they were almost too nice to us. I went here on my own a few days later on a busy Saturday evening, prepared to wait. They told a family before me that they had no tables for two people... The family said they would wait. I asked for a table for 1, they said they had no tables for 1 person, I said well a table for two but I am just one in the party. I said I would wait. After 5 minutes another woman came through obviously speaking about me as she was gesturing to me but speaking in Chinese. The first woman I spoke to then told me they don't have tables for only 1 person. I walked out, feeling embarrassed, let down, and ashamed at myself for being alone.what a turn around from the first night where I thought the staff were so kind!

Why this treatment?

I said on three occasions I would wait. I also would have ordered 3 dishes, which would constitute the same amount of money a table for two would have spent, roughly speaking.

I have never been treated so badly. There is a nicer why of saying "no". You as a restaurant are not doing me a favor by giving me a table. I as the customer am doing you a favor by coming to your restaurant and spending my money at your establishment.

So I went down the street to the same place I ate my first evening in amsterdam 10 years ago, New King on Zeedijk. Though they had a 40 minute wait, they had no problem giving a solitary person a table.

1  Thank Aviravir

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very authentic, reasonable price and good service. The food is also fresh and tasty. Out of our week in Amsterdam trying other Asian eateries, this is probably the best one.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly and recommend some dishes when I couldn't make up my mind. Food was delicious with some lovely spicy dishes. Price was reasonable to for Amsterdam. Would happily go back for more.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Dined here the first night in Amsterdam and was in heaven with every bite. The food came out fast, fresh, and sizzling. Every bite was fantastic! The staff was incredibly helpful and able to answer questions and accommodate issues surrounding dietary restrictions and food allergies.

1  Thank Gabriella M
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great food, inexpensive. Nice staff and authentic atmosphere. We had the mixed plate of crispy meats...mmm! Recomended for lunch or dinner.