New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Conservatorium Hotel

Conservatorium Hotel
Ranked #9 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
den bosch
“Great stay at the Conservatorium Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We've stayed for one night at the Conservatorium Hotel. We liked our room, it was big, well furnished and with a Nespresso Machine, which was great :-)
In the bathroom I didn't see any body lotion or cottons. When you have a one-night stay in a hotel you sometimes don't take it with you, because it's always there (at least in 5-star- hotels), so I can imagine some people will miss it, but it is not that important. I'm sure the staff will bring it if you mention it.
We liked the Brasserie to have lunch and breakfast, and we really enjoyed the Tunes-bar, with a DJ playing good music. We took a massage in the spa which was a real treat.
We also loved the shops in the building of the Conservatorium Hotel, Skins, Hartman&Hartman, and this really fabulous jewelry store Bonebakker.
The staff was extremely friendly so we felt very welcome, and the location of this hotel is practical if you want to visit the museums and the shops at the PC-Hooft-street.
We will return, that's for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about the Conservatorium Hotel. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed so many of our facilities. I apologize that our L’occitane bathroom amenities were not placed in your room. I can assure that this has been a one-time mistake, which does not correspond to our usual high standard in service delivery. We are happy to know that you will be returning so that we can fully exceed your expectations.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful boutique hotel near the Rijksmuseum. Everything you would expect from a five star hotel: Immaculately presented rooms, a relaxed, sophisticated atmosphere - and best of all- L'Occitaine goodies in the bathroom! Plus the eggs Benedict for breakfast were superb. A great place for a weekend getaway.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read this review following your stay at the Conservatorium hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Beautifully designed, a great mix of modern and historic. Absolutely fantastic service from all the staff, who could not have been more helpful and made great restaurant recommendations. Loved the contemporary rooms and hushed hallways - the hotel even smelt good! Great quirky touches everywhere add character, and the location was ideal. We're recommending this hotel to all our friends, and we will be back.

1 Thank Diana B
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. It is always our desire to provide a seamless experience and exceptional service, to ensure a memorable visit. We greatly thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and are very pleased to know that you will be returning in the future.

sgtpepa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the major museums. The room was very nice as were the people we came in contact with.
We had a few glitches that made the experience less than perfect. Upon arrival after an overnight flight, it was past the time that they serve breakfast. We ate in the Brasserie and ended up with lunch choices that is not appealing at 6am East Coast time. As our room rate did not include breakfast, we went to the Brasserie the next day. My wife ordered yogurt with berries and a coffee. I did not feel like eating and ordered juice and coffee. Since the hotel does not have an ala carte breakfast menu, she was charged for a buffet and I got charged for the juice and coffee. Total charge was about $50. We went to a bakery and coffee shop on other days and enjoyed it much better.
Our last disaster was for a private tour of the Rijksmuseum. Upon completion, the guide wanted to be paid in cash and I did not have enough Euros. He called the hotel and then he told me they said to go to an ATM. He agreed to take my dollars. Had the hotel told me I needed cash, I would have exchanged more the previous day.
Upon complaining about the issue at the museum, the manager and head of guest services could not be any more apologetic. Various amenities were offered and appreciated though not required.
While we had issues, I would not hesitate recommending the hotel the the luxury traveller.

1 Thank sgtpepa
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with us in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the less than perfect experience. We are very pleased that although your visit with us did not meet all your expectations, your overall impression of the hotel has been good. We thank you kindly for recommending our hotel to other travelers, and hope to welcome back in the future for a truly distinctive stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Gorgeous hotel in perfect spot for museums and great restaurants!
Staff were very helpful and responded almost immediately!
Rooms were modern yet decor wax warm...large spotless bathroom with L'Occitane toiletries..

Staff were friendly and efficient...we would definitely return!

1 Thank Sharoneve07
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read your review following your stay at the Conservatorium hotel. Your comments regarding the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff are truly appreciated and will be shared with the team. We are happy to know that you would like to return and look forward to serving you again.

prague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have been coming to Amsterdam on business every other months for the past three years and the last two years I have stayed at the Conservatorium hotel. When I first stayed I was amazed by the design, location and the feel of the place but the service was perhaps not at its best yet at that time. After two years I can barely find any fault. The rooms are super clean, comfortable and beautifully designed. Each has a somewhat different set up so even repeated visits don't feel boring. Check in is now super fast (used to take a little longer in the past) and they serve you a nice welcome drink. Breakfast is amazing - I have food allergy and i still have so many options to choose from. Everything is beautifully presented and fresh. Room service also amazing. From my work's perspective I especially value the super girl at the events department: Barbara Bybau, she would deserve a medal for the way she handles our groups frequent (last minute) changes professionally and with a smile. Her can do attitude really makes my life of a meeting organiser much much easier. I can also warmly recommend the hotel for business meetings and private dining events. The food and service are without fault which is saying something with the very demanding team I look after.
The best "piece" of the hotel in my opinion is the spa. Sadly I hardly ever have a chance to visit due to my long working hours but when I do even 20 minutes visit to the swimming pool and jacuzzi (of if luck smiles on me and the steam room is still on at the late hour when I usually get to visit the Akasha spa) make a huge difference in calming down my hysterical attacks from trying to make the team happy and having our Amsterdam meetings running smoothly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank PragueMarti
Dear guest,

We most sincerely thank you for your confidence over the past years and for your continued support of our hotel. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and are very pleased to receive your favourable comments. I will be certain to forward your comments to our staff, Barbara in particular, and I am sure that they will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations. It gives us all great pleasure to welcome you back to us time and again, and we are looking forward to your next visit.