“unforgettable”

Conservatorium Hotel
Ranked #17 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Conservatorium is breathtaking- a modern stylish hotel in a stunning 19th century neo-gothic building, with spacious well appointed public areas and the quality of amenities, service and cleanliness that is expected in top of the market hotels. Needless to say reception, dining room and bedroom service staff were extremely helpful, friendly and efficient

However, what sets the Consevatorium apart from any other hotel in which I have stayed was our bedroom. Our superior room on the seventh floor was huge, with a simple elegance and beauty that I have not encountered in any modern hotel, and the view of the city through the panorama window........!!! The light touch push button technology for everything took a bit of getting used to, but I think I can live with that!

The hotel provides the perfect base for a short stay in Amsterdam- opposite the Van Gogh Museum and close tram stops and to a 197 bus stop (with fast easy access to Schipol).

An unforgettable experience for me and perfect for my wife's 50th birthday celebration.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnGP
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear guest,

From beginning to end it was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay so immensely. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our accommodation. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you can make it back to the Conservatorium Hotel for another enjoyable stay.

Conservatorium Hotel Amsterdam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Loved, loved, loved this hotel! My sister was going to Amsterdam on a business trip and I had the opportunity to go with her. The staff at this hotel go out of their way to make sure all your needs are met. They always had a friendly smile and I was in awe of how quickly they could converse in multiple languages depending on what language they were being addressed in. David the concierge was so much fun; he greeted us every day with suggestions on what to do and where to go. My favorite part of the hotel was the lobby, there were many places to sit and people watch, where we could get a glass of wine or a cup of tea. Amsterdam is a walking city, so it was something to look forward to after a long day of sightseeing. The hotel was located in a nice area that was close to the museums and shopping. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is to die for, especially the shower! They also have a wonderful breakfast buffet that has many fruits and cheeses to choose from. The hotel had more than met my expectation and was one of my favorite places in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Minsky50

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our accommodation. We are very glad that you have spent such a pleasant time at our hotel and that everything corresponded or even exceeded your expectations. We hope this experience with us is just one of several you will have, and we would be happy to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I come to Amsterdam yearly for TEFAF and stay at The Amstel. I chose to stay at The Conservatorium this year and it was excellent. Their Concierge, Etan Sela, made my stay there beyond 5 star, arranging private trips to Paleis Het Loo to Dinners at the best Restaurants on a monents notice. The Atmosphere , Staff, Service and Spa were congruents with Mr. Sela's Service. I have already recommended the Hotel to 3 friends whom will be staying there in May. This is THE place to stay while you are in Amsterdam and conviently located across the street from the 3 most acclaimed Museums in the world: The Van Gogh, The Stedelijk, and of course; The Rijksmuseum!
I have already booked my stay for next year!

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectations, and are grateful for recommending our hotel to your friends.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you will be returning next year and we are looking forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My visit to the Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam exceeded all expectations on almost every front. The welcome is resounding and warm - every staff member takes the time to greet you without exception and there are personal handwritten notes of welcome on arrival that make all the difference to the jaded traveller. But maybe thats standard now in five star hotels...What I really want to commend is the outstanding service given by the "host" desk and in particular, Etan Sela, clearly one of the senior hosts there whose service was extraordinary. Not only did he go and line up for tickets for us to see the venerable Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra (I would have thought they were unprocurable but he assured me otherwise), he then retrieved my mobile phone from the local taxi company only hours before I left for London. Is this extraordinary? - I think so. Its a beautiful hotel physically but of course, its always the staff that make for the memories. Etan and his colleagues are to be congratulated on an outstanding effort. I would say this is one of the great hotels of the world! At least, that's how I'll remember it..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judith S

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind praise of our hotel facilities and especially our services. I will be certain to forward your comments to our staff, Etan in particular, and I am sure that they will be delighted to know that they exceeded your expectations. It would give us all great pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the best Holland has to offer
The rooms are perfect , the Spa is beautiful and the restaurants are suberb
The lobby is a very easy place ; all kids of people come there
The staff is perfect !!!!
All our stays in Amsterdam will be here
For us its worth every penny ...

1  Thank Jeanpaulvollebergh
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear guest,

Your kind words and vote of confidence give us great encouragement and we thank you for reaching out to us and letting us know about your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We hope this experience with us is just one of several you will have for many years to come and we are very happy to know that you will be visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Perfect location - 5 min from Concertgebouw and Rijksmuseum.

Wonderful personalised service . Very nice rooms with rain shower. Had very nice steal for dinner and nice , antioxidant packed breakfast.

Gym is unbelievable. Has kettle bells and punching bag !

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Conservatorium Hotel and thank you for your kind comments. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Conservatorium for a city break with my sister. We chose the hotel primarily for the amazing swimming pool and secondly for its location to museums. On arrival we discovered that the pool was closed for maintenance - and I had not received the email telling me as such. We were so obviously gutted and upset, that when we explained to the staff that this was the main reason we had chosen the hotel, they went out of their way to do everything/anything to make our stay perfect. We received an upgrade, and they organised for us to go to a sister hotel to use their swimming pool instead. On top of that we were given seriously delicious home made chocolate goodies in our room and a present for my 7month old daughter. We were basically spoilt rotten! Then best of all the pool was ready on Sunday so we got to swim after-all. It is the best indoor hotel pool I ve ever swum in, long, warm, clean and not busy. All the recommendations of restaurants were spot on, fun buzzy, and priced sensibly. We ate lunch at the hotel on our last day and that was delicious too. We also took advice on where to go for walks and what to see and these too were great recommendations. Three particular staff made our stay at the hotel the best ever, Pierre, Ruurd and Isabelle. We cannot thank them enough for their kindness, helpfulness, generosity and general all round brilliance. We could not recommend this hotel more highly and we cannot wait to return one day. It really is 5*. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank lsb2014
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you much for your wonderful review. We are very happy that we were able to turn your initial disappointment around into a truly memorable stay. Your satisfaction and praises are our utmost reward. Thank you also for highlighting the outstanding service of our colleagues Isabelle, Pierre and Ruurd. I am sure they will be very pleased to know they made such a great impression. We hope you can make it back to the Conservatorium Hotel for another enjoyable stay.