We chose to stay at the Conservatorium Hotel for 2 reasons:
- We wanted to visit the Van Gogh museum during our (very short) stay.
- We wanted to have a spa treatment after a long flight.
On both these counts the hotel performed impeccably.
The museum (and a number of important others) are literally a minute away by foot.
For the Watsu spa treatment alone I would be willing to return again and again. It was exceptional, well-priced and with an excellent therapist (Oda). Of all the spa treatments I have had (and there have been several) this treatment stood out.
The service was exceptional. For a hotel of this size service was prompt, personal and very friendly. We were also given an upgrade on arrival (thank you!) and our room was ready a few hours before official check-in (thank you again).
The beautifully designed inner atrium is a breathtaking space.
What I liked less:
Our room, while spacious and spotless, lacked character. It felt a bit cold and soulless. (But a great bath, I must add)
The breakfast was average: there was a small selection of fruits and terrible coffee. I didn’t sample the hot breakfast, but wasn’t impressed by the choices on the buffet.
The distance of the hotel from the centre. If I were staying in Amsterdam for longer than one night, I would choose a hotel that is more central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Home in the Heart of Amsterdam The Conservatorium Hotel is Amsterdam's leading luxury lifestyle palace, evoking glamour and elegance for sophisticated, design-literate travellers. Located in Museum Square, the luxury centre and cultural heart of the city, the Conservatorium is an architectural masterpiece that combines a landmark heritage building with a graceful , contemporary design, offering guests a selection of restaurants, a bar, lounge and the 1,000 sq m Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Facility. A destination hotel with a real sense of place, the Conservatorium is known at home and abroad as 'Amsterdam's Living Room'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Conservatorium Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.