“The best hotel in Amsterdam!”

Conservatorium Hotel
Ranked #17 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Looking for a good and different hotel in Amsterdam I found The Conservatorium Hotel. The best word to define the hotel is: Superb!
Excellent location, beautiful building with a great restyling and conservation at the interior. Confortable and easy at the same time but always with great style. The service is great and the staff is always available and very friendly.
Looking forward to go again!

Stayed: August 2013
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest here in the Conservatorium Hotel. We look forward to hopefully seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Conservatorium Hotel

Reviewed August 8, 2013

What a great hotel!

I loved the atmosphere; the rooms are beautiful and made me feel like I was at home.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location; all the good shops and museums are just around the corner.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are very pleased to read your kind review and are looking forward to welcome you back on your next stay in Amsterdam.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was on a last minute weekend getaway. I saw Conservatorium's website and decided to give it a try (as oppose to staying at the usual big hotel chains). And I made the right choice. the Conservatorium was everything (if not better) like the pictures depicted on the website!

It was a beautiful hotel. It was converted from a music school and you could see traces of different art installations around the hotel. Every restaurant/lounge/bar/waiting area of the hotel plays different music and they were all very good (not your standard cheesy hotel tunes!)

Location was great, service was great, room was great. I had a great massage at their spa. I could just sit in the spa/pool area forever because it was so relaxing.

I would definitely go back next time I go to Amsterdam!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for this wonderful review on your recent stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed so many of our property's amenities. It was a pleasure to serve you and we are very much looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've yet to walk into a hotel and utter wow so many times. The decor is spectacular as a number of other reviewers have commented on. The property has been renovated to an extraordinarily high standard and was mind-blowing.

Very comfortable and luxurious rooms, and a great night of sleep, though the lighting switches seemed way over engineered and complex (why do so many hotels do this?). I also found the food very good.

Location wise, this is not as central as the Grand Hotel, The Europe or Pulitzer, but is still only 15 minutes on foot from the Herengracht canal. It is a stone's throw from the high end shopping area of Amsterdam, and several museums including the Rijksmuseum.

While I had moments of very good service, there were also a number of bad experiences. Being told you are 'wrong' by staff in a very direct and rude fashion, is a big no-no for any service industry. The customer is always right. Even more so when it turns out that the customer was actually right (this was over a very protracted problem with the internet). I experienced a number of other irritating service issues (badly handled by blunt and dismissive staff), which detracted from what would otherwise have been a perfect stay.

Would I stay again? Yes, for sure. I wouldn't think of anywhere else now in Amsterdam (and I've stayed at most of the five star properties in the city at some point in the last few years). Service levels, though for the most part good, just had a few too many shockers to be really up there with what this hotel aspires to be. I'm sure they'll get there, and this property is so beautiful that it is worth putting up with these little annoyances anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so pleased that you felt the décor was spectacular and the rooms were very comfortable. We are however sorry that the service was not up to par with the surroundings. You are completely right that guest comments should never be questioned, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service we aim for to provide. We are glad that you will be visiting us again and will do everything we can to make sure that your next stay will be a true five star experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had the pleasure of hosting the Hittalks Event in the Conservatorium Hotel, and were pleasantly surprised by the stunning designs of the building and perfect location in the city centre of Amsterdam! One of the most beautiful Hotel's we have seen, with such a hospitable welcome by all employees, that we would recommend it to anyone looking for a location for events or meetings!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear guest,

We are very pleased to receive your five star review and thank you for highlighting our excellent meeting and event facilities. We really appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to equally successful cooperation in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Superb hotel - superb staff - superb food
Pricey but top class, a boutique hotel thats well maintained and the staff are sublime. I really cant find fault with anything.
The hotel is a credit to its staff and management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vultch

Dear guest,

There is only one thing I can say: Superb review!!
Thank you so much for your very kind words about our hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope you will come to see us again in the near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the conservatorium for a long weekend July 25-29. It is a beautiful hotel, with unusual and innovative design. The staff was amazing. We felt warmly welcomed from the moment we arrived at midnight. We had been traveling all day and the front desk people immediately ran to get us cold drinks. My husband remarked that he could use an iced coffee, and within moments, it arrived in our room. It was my birthday, and my husband had ordered flowers for the room. A spectacular bouquet was waiting for us there. The concierges were always available and eager to assist. The front desk was fully staffed at all times, and everyone was so warm and helpful. You will not find a better located hotel, in the heart of the museum district with easy access to great public transportation. Highly recommend the conservatorium.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Lmuschel

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your amazing review, which we have really enjoyed reading. We feel honored that you chose our hotel to celebrate your birthday and are very glad to hear that it has been a lovely day. Hopefully you will have the chance to visit us again in the future.