“Marvelous experience”

Conservatorium Hotel
Ranked #17 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed for a special occasion at the Conservatorium Hotel in Amsterdam. We can sincerely recommend this hotel to every type of traveler: business or pleasure. The location is perfect, the staff sublime and the hospitality exquisite. Supurb restaurant, very well equipped and designed rooms and one of the best bars of the city. Don't forget to visit the Spa. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Take a look at the different rooms and their veiws, ask the staff. But the Van Baerle Suite is subli...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joke Elise v
Conservatorium H, General Manager at Conservatorium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are so pleased to read your warm recommendation. We are very happy that you could experience the variety of things to see and do in our hotel and your compliments are truly appreciated. We hope you have a chance to come back and see us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Conservatorium Hotel

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent hotell - we will come back within the next 12 months :-)

Very relaxing atmosphere - service world class - yet informal and modern

The interior of the hotel is an attraction in itself - very successsfull merger between the old classic style and the modern style

Food in the brassierie was very good - in the gourmet restaurant the service was good but the food not to our taste

All in all a very pleasant stay and a place we are determined to visit again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kjetil K

Dear guest,

We are thrilled to read your 5-star review of our hotel. We are glad that you thought our hotel was a great choice for your past stay and are very happy to hear that you will be visiting us again in the near future. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family on your next stay.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The modern design is appealing. It's in a great location if you're focusing on the museums in Amsterdam--could hardly be closer. And, unlike some, I didn't find the electronics particularly complicated.

However, there were gaps and inconsistencies in service which shouldn't be happening in a hotel of this price range. For example, it was nice to get a welcome gift of fruit, but most of the fruit was tired and decidedly unappealing. While the breakfast spread is pleasant, good luck getting one of the hot options supposedly included in the price--I never did, twice because I couldn't get anyone to come ask me, and once because it took so long I had to leave before it showed up (frankly, I wasn't sure that it ever would). And a doorman once chided me for coming in at the main entrance; apparently, I was supposed to intuit that a staffed entrance was closed.

Next time, I think I'll try the Sofitel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

We are very sorry to hear that your stay has not been completely satisfying and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. I must say that I was quite shocked to read that the fruit we served in the room was passed the usual quality we normally serve our guests. This has been highlighted to the colleagues that are responsible for the daily check to ensure that fruit is refreshed in time. I am also very sorry to hear about the service at breakfast and can assure you that your comments will be a focus for our continuous training in the Brasserie. I really hope you will be our guest again and provide us with the opportunity to demonstrate the unparalleled service and experience you deserve.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at The Conservatorium Hotel Thursday 18 July 2013. From the moment that you enter this hotel, the service is impeccable. In fact, I rate the service as good as the top venues in London. Hotel staff are kind, considerate and listen to your needs. Nothing is ever beyond them - ask them and they will get you what you need. No problem is too big or too small - they have a great team where everyone feels associated to the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a slightly more upmarket option in Amsterdam. The ambience is great, the food fantastic and evening bar great fun. Although I was surprised that the bar closed at 1pm.

My room was modern design. I had a problem with the bath (the plug would not hold the water) and the TV was not working in the bathroom either. I was desperate for a long slow bath to ease back pain, so, I was a little disappointed in this. Normally, I'm a shower man - that worked terrific. I did not make an issue out of the bath/plug problem because once I am in a room and settled, I prefer not to move. Had I have mentioned it then yes, the hotel would have moved me without question.

The spa is phenomenal. A must experience for anyone staying more than 2-3 days. The gym also has the latest and greatest equipment compared with other hotels that I have stayed in in the area.

There is a boutique shopping area in the hotel. You are also positioned in the high fashion zone of Amsterdam and surrounded by the Arts. The location to more tourist locations is not so good - but, a 5 minute taxi ride is all it takes to get to the obvious tourist zones of Amsterdam. This is not a problem, more an insight.

I recommend this venue for couples, high class business people and singletons alike.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phope1875

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for this wonderful review on your recent stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed so many of our property's amenities including our Tunes Bar. Unfortunately the bar has to close at 1pm on weekdays because of the strict municipal regulations on closing times.

We sincerely appreciate the fine compliments you make about all our services and facilities. They are truly inspirational to all of us, and it will be my pleasure to share them with the entire team. We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to Amsterdam.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed in the Conservatorium hotel for three nights. It is a spectacular property and the service equaled the beautiful setting. We were fortunate enough to meet a wonderful Concierge, Isabelle, and she created a custom intinerary for three days filled with activities and restaurants that were tailored to our taste. On our first morning there, she sat with us at breakfast and presented to us a detailed list of what we requested. Each restaurant suggestion was better than the rest -very local and fresh.
The breakfast( which is included) is delicious- a beautiful buffet of fresh fruit, vegetables and homemade yogurt. We were also able to order eggs and oatmeal.I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Amsterdam!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

We warmly thank you for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure to hear you have enjoyed our hotel and the arrangements made by our host Isabelle, and we will certainly convey your compliments to her. Your kind recommendation is highly appreciated. Hopefully we will be able to serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had originally booked an apartment in Amsterdam, but it turned out to be a complete disaster! By chance before we left for our trip, someone had recommended us to stay at this hotel. Once we got out of our horrible apartment ordeal, we hopped on the next cab we could find and went straight here! We were greeted straight away at the door, led to check in, and even though they were full, they were nice enough to find us a lovely room. The receptionists were very accommodating and helpful.

Our room was so comfy, big bathtub and rainshower and nice L'Occitane amenities. The whole hotel's design is really amazing, from the rooms to the restaurants to the lobby entrance. We also tried out the Brasserie for dinner (super delicious, and really competitive pricing in my opinion) and the bar had really good finger food and Manhattans. We also tried out their spa (hammams, saunas and pool), but I thought the pool looked a bit too clinical in design.

Service was all around amazing, everyone was so friendly! The concierge team was so nice, David and especially Isabelle - she recommended the best apple pie in town, and gave us great sight seeing tips! She saw us in the lobby upon check out and gave us such a nice goodbye! I would definitely rent their bikes to go around town for a day, it's so much fun and great way to see the city as well. The hotel is also located in the museum/fashion district, the Van Gogh and Rijks museum are both 5 minutes away by foot. If you walk to city center, it will take you roughly 15 minutes. Great, quiet neighbourhood as well.

If I ever go back to Amsterdam, I would definitely go there again, and we've already been recommending tons of friends to go there! Had I know that this hotel was part of leading hotels of the world, I would've definitely bought the membership!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are very happy to hear that we have been able to turn your initial disappointment in the apartment into an unforgettable stay at the Conservatorium Hotel. Please also pass on our thanks to the person who recommended our hotel to you. It was an absolute delight to read your review and we are very grateful that you have recommended us to so many of your friends. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived after 2 long flights and were welcomed for a late dinner at the hotel restaurant. They have a very good high quality salad buffet, and my husband enjoyed his fish. Some people who had ordered hamburgers (really) were complaining about slow service, but we had no problems whatsoever at the restaurant. The room was comfortable and well appointed, and the location--since we were there to recuperate from a long flight and visit the museums--was superb. The staff were remarkably helpful in every way possible. We will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very kind comments on our hotel. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and also highlight the dinner in our restaurant. We are pleased that you will come to visit us again in the future and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.