“Slow service”
Review of Kapitein Zeppos

Kapitein Zeppos
Ranked #473 of 4,368 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went here for a bite to eat on a Sunday afternoon. It was not particularly busy but it took 50 minutes to get our sandwiches. I couldn't complain about the food, it was ok.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The location is cool: far wary from the noise of the city in a green quiet alley. The food was quite good also, I had an excellent fish with perfectyl coocked vegetables. Combining the food and the place you could have the feeling...you were not in Amsterdam

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I came back to this restaurant when it was not yet dinner time, because I just had to have a hit of their French fries, with mayo. My 17 year old niece said they were the best she had in three European countries!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

not sure where or what eat we came across this place and being down the alley way it was quiet and away from the hustle and bustle,
we got a table in the veranda bit so it was light and airy
menu choice matched the concept - very electic mix surely everyone would find somehting to suit.
service hit and miss - depends on who you got -
avocado mousse to die for.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and I stopped here for dinner with our traveling companions the night we arrived Amsterdam. Everyone had different hunger levels and Zeppos filled the bill perfectly. From tapas to wines by the glass to soups salads and entrees everything was very nice quality for the price. One in the party had the coquille which featured four large scallops on a bed of noodles and wilted greens. At 10,5e I thought it a great value. Wife had the Zeppo style fish soup which is a bit modestly named. It was a true seafood bisque and delicious. A bit pricey at 13,5e but worth it in my opinion. I had the lamb which was great. Ordered medium rare and that's how I got it. Four seasoned lamb filets on a skewer and two small lamb chops provided a very generous meat portion served with a fresh veggie mix of parsnip, pea pods, green beans, carrots and a nice portion of diced roasted sweet potato all served with a very interesting sauce with a nice hint of anise. At 24,5e I found the entree to be a very decent value. Zeppos is definitely worth a visit. Good food and decent value, great location and good service all add up to a winning combination.