All reviewshotel schoolstudent runhotel chainsthe fine dining restaurantinteresting concepttraining collegeles saveursstudent lifehospitality studentsone's staydirect lineusing public transportationtram stationhotel managementrooms are spaciousunique hotelbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed in room 202 for two nights - it was absolutely beautiful and we paid next to nothing! Also, the tram is right outside the front door directly to downtown. The staff were very accommodating and helpful - they put a lot of effort into their service. The breakfast was very nice and had the best fresh orange juice I have ever tasted. Also, the restaurant attached is something worth checking out. Culinary students make everything, so you have to wait for a bit but it is absolutely worth it! We had a gourmet meal with appetizers, main course, wine and drinks for only about 60 euro - if I am ever in Amsterdam again I will certainly stay and eat here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amelia B
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were looking for a hotel for a family of five in Amsterdam and could find an affordable one, until finding this school hotel. Not too close to the center but close to a tram which leads directly to it and is near a train station so we didn't need a taxi from the airport. Staff was great and very eager to serve, rooms (two connected) were huge and spotless and breakfast was good. The hotel has a cheap gourmet restaurant in which students train to become chefs… We came for the deal but really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Merav A
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is run by students learning about hotel management. They are nice and eager. There were some blips in easily foreseeable requests, like
Misinformation in wifi and dining options but this is more the fault of the training school and not of the students.

I had a horrible, horrible experience with a professor named Mr. Bucker. A student misinformed me that I can eat in one of the dining areas. And they don't accept cash. After letting me wait for a long while they asked me to eat first which I agreed. Lo and behold this Mr Bucker came and reprimanded me with a condescending
Tone that "we went through a lot of trouble receiving your cash" and after I argued with his tone, he asked me to leave the school building. It's only when I threatened to call the police that he gave in to my request to call one of the bosses. She was apologetic but damage has been done.

Do I recommend this hotel. It's great
Until there's a
Crisis wherein professors don't even know how to resolve. Even a minor mishap

But if I were a parent, there's no way I'm
Letting my Child study in that school
Such a great example from a professor
Who teaches hospitality and service!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
11  Thank Daphne G
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very nice place, excellent service. I enjoyed the atmosphere and admired the spirit of excellence of the school.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Crono T
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was our second year at the Skotel Amsterdam with friends. We come over every year for Queensday (I'm Dutch) and would recommend this hotel. Great service from professional students, nice clean room and lovely breakfast. We will be booking this hotel again for next year's trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple