“Great Value Cute Staff”
Review of Skotel Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Skotel Amsterdam
Israel
“Great Value Cute Staff”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were looking for a hotel for a family of five in Amsterdam and could find an affordable one, until finding this school hotel. Not too close to the center but close to a tram which leads directly to it and is near a train station so we didn't need a taxi from the airport. Staff was great and very eager to serve, rooms (two connected) were huge and spotless and breakfast was good. The hotel has a cheap gourmet restaurant in which students train to become chefs… We came for the deal but really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Merav A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is run by students learning about hotel management. They are nice and eager. There were some blips in easily foreseeable requests, like
Misinformation in wifi and dining options but this is more the fault of the training school and not of the students.

I had a horrible, horrible experience with a professor named Mr. Bucker. A student misinformed me that I can eat in one of the dining areas. And they don't accept cash. After letting me wait for a long while they asked me to eat first which I agreed. Lo and behold this Mr Bucker came and reprimanded me with a condescending
Tone that "we went through a lot of trouble receiving your cash" and after I argued with his tone, he asked me to leave the school building. It's only when I threatened to call the police that he gave in to my request to call one of the bosses. She was apologetic but damage has been done.

Do I recommend this hotel. It's great
Until there's a
Crisis wherein professors don't even know how to resolve. Even a minor mishap

But if I were a parent, there's no way I'm
Letting my Child study in that school
Such a great example from a professor
Who teaches hospitality and service!!!

• Stayed September 2012
8 Thank bankergirl1016
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very nice place, excellent service. I enjoyed the atmosphere and admired the spirit of excellence of the school.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Crono T
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was our second year at the Skotel Amsterdam with friends. We come over every year for Queensday (I'm Dutch) and would recommend this hotel. Great service from professional students, nice clean room and lovely breakfast. We will be booking this hotel again for next year's trip.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Queen2012
Thalwil, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The Skotel is for me the best price quality available in Amsterdam. I live in Switzerland and I frequently visit Amsterdam. The alternative for me was to rent a small place but this is defenetly the better option.
The Skotel is run by students and very friendly. OK it's not in the exact center of Amsterdam but than you would also pay another price.
The only thing I can think of as an extra service they could offer is a rental bike. For the rest I can't think of anything!

Room Tip: Book early.