“Great Value Cute Staff”
Review of Skotel Amsterdam

Skotel Amsterdam
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were looking for a hotel for a family of five in Amsterdam and could find an affordable one, until finding this school hotel. Not too close to the center but close to a tram which leads directly to it and is near a train station so we didn't need a taxi from the airport. Staff was great and very eager to serve, rooms (two connected) were huge and spotless and breakfast was good. The hotel has a cheap gourmet restaurant in which students train to become chefs… We came for the deal but really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Merav A

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is run by students learning about hotel management. They are nice and eager. There were some blips in easily foreseeable requests, like
Misinformation in wifi and dining options but this is more the fault of the training school and not of the students.

I had a horrible, horrible experience with a professor named Mr. Bucker. A student misinformed me that I can eat in one of the dining areas. And they don't accept cash. After letting me wait for a long while they asked me to eat first which I agreed. Lo and behold this Mr Bucker came and reprimanded me with a condescending
Tone that "we went through a lot of trouble receiving your cash" and after I argued with his tone, he asked me to leave the school building. It's only when I threatened to call the police that he gave in to my request to call one of the bosses. She was apologetic but damage has been done.

Do I recommend this hotel. It's great
Until there's a
Crisis wherein professors don't even know how to resolve. Even a minor mishap

But if I were a parent, there's no way I'm
Letting my Child study in that school
Such a great example from a professor
Who teaches hospitality and service!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
9  Thank bankergirl1016
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Very nice place, excellent service. I enjoyed the atmosphere and admired the spirit of excellence of the school.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Crono T
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was our second year at the Skotel Amsterdam with friends. We come over every year for Queensday (I'm Dutch) and would recommend this hotel. Great service from professional students, nice clean room and lovely breakfast. We will be booking this hotel again for next year's trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Queen2012
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The Skotel is for me the best price quality available in Amsterdam. I live in Switzerland and I frequently visit Amsterdam. The alternative for me was to rent a small place but this is defenetly the better option.
The Skotel is run by students and very friendly. OK it's not in the exact center of Amsterdam but than you would also pay another price.
The only thing I can think of as an extra service they could offer is a rental bike. For the rest I can't think of anything!

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Had a wonderfull stay together with my wife. Very friendly students, who are really trying to do their outmost best to give you the best service ever. Very good value for money and only a small distance to Oud Zuid.
Would recommend anyone who would like to stay a couple of days in beautiful Amsterdam!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Students and instructors try their best to provide a very pleasant hospitality experience.

Well done.