“Excellent Budget Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #188 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Manchester
“Excellent Budget Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was very happy with the hotel - Me and 2 friends stayed in room 23 for 3 nights from a busy Friday till Monday - at 111 Euros each this worked out at 37 euros a night!

The hotel is located on a very busy street in Amsterdam and you feel "Right in the Middle" of things. I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are a light sleeper however the Hotel do provide earplugs or you will find a pharmacy just off Dam Square who will sell you some better quality plugs for 3 euros. As a light sleeper myself I had no trouble getting my head down for the evening.

The continental breakfast is 7.50 from the bar downstairs, whilst it was quite nice there wasn't anything special about it and I would probably think you could do breakfast for a little cheaper down the road as there are numerous cafes and restaurants that are open early in the morning.

The room itself was spacious and easily accommodated 3 people with enough room to move, the bathroom facilities are shared but we never had any problems with waiting and this was during a busy weekend, there was clean sheets, towels provided, cable TV and free WiFi throughout the building!

The Bar itself is fantastic, very friendly with an excellent host of world beers and snacks, the bar staff are very friendly and approachable and you can even buy excursion tickets from them!

Overall I would not hesitate to stay here again, Amsterdam really is a truly beautiful city with a very laid back aura about it, perfect for both relaxing city breaks or a weekend away with friends.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper bring earplugs! Check out Tony's Corner Cafe for all you can eat Sp...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank SamKennerley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for 4 nights - really easy to find just a 5 minute walk from the central station. The staff are really friendly which is always a big plus for me, the hotel is above a pub which is open to the public. It can get quite noisy at night as it is on the edge of the red light district but the hotel provide ear plugs, however I didn't find it difficult to sleep. The noisiest night was Saturday, we had noisy guests in the room next to us but you could get that anywhere. We were in room 24 on the second floor and sharing a bathroom with the other guests on the same floor wasn't an issue as there were only 4 rooms. There was never a queue! (I was not looking forward to the fact I would have to share a bathroom before our stay). Hotel is in the middle of everything, dam square. Red light, kalverstraat which is great for shopping. A visit to Artis Zoo is a must, good price to get in and there are so many animals to see! Great day out.
Overall I had a very pleasant stay at this hotel and will definitely return in the near future! The stairs were a bit scary as they are so steep but once you get used to them they're fine! My boyfriend did nearly fall once or twice though so do be careful! Also, and this is me being picky, I found the carpet in our room to be really harsh on bare feet so try to wear socks! Other than that, I haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel, like I said, I will definitely return as the price is
Brilliant to say where the hotel is situated! Route 66 bar and lounge and greenhouse on the same street and a great kebab place also! (I <3 kebab).
I can't recommend this hotel highly enough I just loved it!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Amarts1993
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I was very happy in regards to location as it is right on the heart of the night life. You do get provided with ear plugs if the noise gets to much for you. You do share a bathroom though but it was always kept clean! The stairs are such a mission but makes it all fun! Just don't get up to too much mischief or climbing those stairs would take forever lol. I am definitely coming back and going to stay again! Great for the price! And staff were great!

• Stayed August 2013
malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went to this hotel with another couple and enjoyed it.The hotel is very well located .Our room,toilet and shower room were always clean .Hotel staff are very kind and friendly.The hotel is minutes away from the central station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fabian M
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have been to Amsterdam 4 times and have stayed in 4 different hotels and this is the best hotel we have stayed at, last time we were there it was a few years ago, we have now booked to go again in 28 days and I cant wait, i hope we get the same room as last time as it was just right, it was an attic double room with our own bathroom. Its basic but excatly what we needed. I would recomend this hotel to anyone the location for us was perfect. Roll on 28 days time soooooo excited to return :o)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dondons_13
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in June. We are budget travellers so had pretty simple needs. This hotel ticked most of the boxes. The rooms are located above a bar which is downstairs which was fine. The man behind the bar who was also the "hotel manager" was very nice and up for a chat. To get to our room on the second floor we had to climb a super steep set of stairs (if you had bad knees and heavy bags it may be interesting). The room was quite old and the bed wasn't the comfiest however it was clean enough and had a sink. The amenities were shared between approx 4 rooms on the floor however were clean and functional. The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location as it is only a 5min walk from the centraal station and is basically on the door step to the red light district and main square. Was a bit loud at night but I'm sure it would be everywhere and wasn't a problem. Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter B
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Room was basic but of very good standard and the staff were very helpful and attentive. We had the shared bathroom which I was dreading at first but it was actually ok, we had no problems at all. It's situated in a great location and I would definitely go back there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Nicola C