“Central”

Hotel Internationaal
Ranked #173 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Central”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on Monday 08/04/13. The hotel is literally 5 mimutes away from the central station.
We had a family room at the front of the hotel. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. We were worried that it might be noisy but the hotel supplied earplugs and we found we didnt need them - we all slept soundly. I think the area could be lot noisier at the weekend.
The shared loo and bathroom was clean and the shower was piping hot.
The chinese restaurant directly across the road serves tasty and reasonably priced food.
We didnt have breakfast at the hotel but went to a cafe called Dwazaken just up the street towards the station & which charged us ?7 for a breakfast that was superb.

1 Thank Bkackwidow400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for to nights and enjoyed my stay,Nice room and was quite, Stairs are steep but thats everywhere in Amsterdam but luckily lift was working all the time during our stay. Would go again. We stayed for 2 nights and it was very central with walking distance to train station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Of-my-chest
Constantine S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Internationaal, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello!
Thank you for a such nice review, but I think you are mistaken, we do not have lift in our hotel.
Please check if you really stayed with us.
Sincerely yours,
Nikolay.
Boston
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel international is right in central, a 5 min walk from central station. I booked it for my last night in amsterdam so i could wake up and get right to the airport. the room is clean, the shared bathroom is clean, and the price is cheap. They did add a tv since the last time I stayed there, so it was cool to watch instead of listening to the drunks outside. Make sure you only book it if you plan on partying the entire time in amsterdam, cuz there is always someone outside the window, and in the morning the trucks come in and wake you up rolling the kegs to all the bars.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank roczberry
South Normanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our 4th time in Holland for our bi-annual trip to Center Parcs in Port Zelande - but instead of flying straight home afterwards we had a couple of days in Amsterdam.
We chose the Hotel Internationaal after reading it's many fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor - and we were not disappointed.
It's close to the Central Station which was our route in from Schipol Airport.
It's also ideally placed to explore Amsterdam which is a city best viewed on foot - so much you would miss otherwise.
It was a little noisy at night but so what - you're in the middle of a city!!
Room was comfortable and warm - which was great as we arrived in the middle of a really cold spell. One day was so cold it was 2 hours exploring and back to the hotel for a warm and then back out again.
Staff are fantastic and the atmosphere in the bar was good fun.
We will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 32 is where we stayed - would definately recommend
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coopeys
St Albans
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It's clean, the bed was comfortable enough, it's very central, the staff are nice, the bar on the ground floor looks like a proper "locals" bar and it's cheap. It's true there's no lift, and the frst flight of stairs is more like a ladder, but unless you've got a heavy suitcase or vertigo it's fine. I shared a WC and shower with only two other rooms, and never found either occupied. A desk was a pleasant surprise, and the free wifi worked fine. I was on the first floor but didn't find it that noisy.
The only negative is that when I left I put my laptop in my rucksack, and put my rucksack in their locked baggage room. I collected it later on the way to the airport and at security found, bizarrely, that the laptop battery was no longer there. I wrote to the hotel saying it had either been stolen from their baggage room or it had somehow fallen out in the room while I was packing up. All they did was write back and say they hadn't found it in the room, with no hint of an apology.
If you don't have any valuables to leave, then it's definitely a score of 4 rather than 3.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Constantine S, Manager at Hotel Internationaal, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Sir\Madam,
Thank you for your review about your stay at the hotel Internationaal!
First of all I would like to thank you for all positive feedbacks regarding the cleanliness and our bar on the first floor.
I'm very sorry to hear that you have lost the laptop battery. I am more then sure that this is some horrible mistake. This is the first feedback from our guests that something has been missing out of their bags.
I'll double check with our hotels stuff and get back to you as soon as I get the situation clear.
Kind regards,
Nikolay.
Reservations Manager.
cheltenham
Reviewed February 1, 2013

A great stay at Hotel internationaal, didnt pay for a shot but me and my friends had a few! right in the center of everything, only 2 minute walk from central station, and so close to Dam square we found it by accident! red light again 2 minutes away! hotel itself is clean, shared bathrooms arnt really a problem as only a few rooms on each floor, and shower is big and very clean. (providing you get up the strairs) not exactly the ebst place to stay for a romantic weekend away, but if you are hoping not to spend a lot of time in the room, the it is perfect! the Hotel internationaal bar is great to open till late, and all the staff are great fun!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank caroline l
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Standard hotel with shared bathroom and shower. All we really needed was a bed to sleep on. Stayed over on a Saturday night and it was very loud on the street below, but the hotel did provide earplugs. Friendly staff, the bar area downstairs got a bit busy at night but we were only disturbed when customers went outside to smoke since our window was right above where they would stand. For this location it is a very good hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple