The Bulldog Hotel
$239
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$174
$154
  • Bar/Lounge
$314
$258
$189
$167
  • Restaurant
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$396
$313
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$224
$294
$213
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$181
$140
1,111 results
All reviewsthe red light districtcoffee shop next doorlounge downstairsbed dormroof terracefree breakfastamazing locationprivate bathroomhotel bardam squarecentral locationcanal viewtrain stationyogurtlockersweedapartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a group of 7 that were meeting up in Amsterdam. 5 of us stayed in an apartment and 2 of us stayed in door rooms. The apartments were the perfect size and all 7 of us were able to chill in there. We had a whole floor of windows that opened to the canal below. You won't find a better location to hang out and people watch in all of Amsterdam.
The only thing I would point out is that this is a pot friendly hostel so if that bothers you, do not stay here. It is allowed in most of the hostel and is impossible to escape.

Room Tip: Get an apartment if you have 4-5 people. It might be a little more expensive, but is a great experience!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My experience was second to none, the best staff I have never met, I was so tired for my long trip and they help me with my room, they let me check in 2 hrs in advance. The room w so clean, hotel ambience was incredible, loung bar until 3am, the breakfast included was nice, coffee shop just getting out and the location is just great, seriously you can as more. They are always ready to help you with addresses and tips.
This hotel is absolutely recommended, thanks again for the best weekend ever!!!

No tengo palabras para agradecer a este hotel por el trato recibido, mil y un gracias, espero volver pronto.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The hostel's location is excellent and I would likely stay here again. I liked that there was a restaurant bar downstairs where I could order a selection of food and beverages. The hostel was extremely clean and came with storage lockers for each guest in the bedrooms. Having a toilet, sink and shower for each bedroom was a great upside, however I did not like that the sinks do not come with handsoap for washing your hands after using the toilet.

One of the mornings I had the front desk crew come up to the bedroom and shake me awake at a very early hour, thinking that I needed to check out that day. I really didn't appreciate being abruptly awoken like that. A friend in another room also had this happen that same morning. When I advised the staff member that I wasn't checking out that day, he shrugged and left the room.

I found the hostel to be quite dark and had quite a bit of trouble meeting people.

Otherwise, I would consider staying at The Bulldog again on my next visit. I will be looking at my options.

Room Tip: Any room, but bring your own handsoap.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is actually classed as a hostel, but was very clean & comfortable. Location was great and easy to get around. Staff were pleasant and price was awesome. Only small issue was check in time was not till 3pm & after a long flight etc the wait was killer!!! Lol

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We rented an apartment at the Bulldog which was convenient and easy to book through their website, and were very happy with the location - everything was right on our doorstep. The accommodation was quite basic with no frills which we expected but it wasnt cheap. The kitchen facilities were limited with no kettle and we couldnt get the hob to work so boiled water using the microwave! And there was no television - apparently this had been taken away for repair and would not be reinstalled until after our stay. Wifi access was very patchy and erratic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends