The Bridge Hotel
$367
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$379
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
$326
$276
Travelocity
1,099 results
All reviewsamstel riverskinny bridgecarre theatreno liftmagere bruggold apartmentboiled eggstram and metrosmall balconybreakfast roomstayed here for three nightsrembrandt squareminute walkcentral stationyogurtlovely hotelsteep stairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a good place, near the most important places (max. 15 minutes walking). The room was clean, big (think that in the city all the hotel are small) in a quiet area and with a good view of the canal. If I will come to Amsterdam I will choose again that hotel and I will recommend it.
The only problem was the service on the breakfast, they should be more friendly

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bárbara L
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The very best first: The location of this hotel is excellent, next to Amstel and with a lot of attractions within comfortable walking distance. The Eremitage and the Opera house is only a few blocks away and e.g. Rembrandtplein and Nieuwe Markt can be reached within 10 minutes. As very experienced travellers, we appreciate this. We also appreciated flexibility on check-out time and the room's balcony with at least a glimpse of nearby canal. As Amsterdam is a very expensive city to stay in, The Bridge offers a priceworthy alternative to more distant hotels.

The hotel has no elevator, but this was well noted on the booking site and caused no problems. The stairs were of the modern and easy-walking type. The room itself was comfortable, but had some downsides (The Devil is in the details). Of the more irritating kind was the thin wall between room itself and bathroom, leaving no space for fantasy about what's going on there. You could also hear everything from the corridor, but no noise from neighbouring rooms though. The closets looked like something bought cheap from an army surplus store. Both the check-in and the daily make-up were made very late (long after lunch).
The most serious draw-back from our point of view was the very bad smell in room, with which the ventic system could not cope. We had to open all windows even after short absences.

The staff and desk service? Well, we did not experience them as that friendly, and the efficiency was not above average level. In the breakfast room, one of the waitresses put her tray with dirty dishes almost on my plate with a grumpy face when she made up the table next to us. This said, the next morning she gave us a huge welcoming smile when we entered the room. The breakfast lasts till 1030, and there is even some flexibility here as the staff have their lunch in the breakfast room afterwards.

This is not a place for demanding guests or luxury-seekers, but for the average Amsterdam week-end tourist, this hotel should be more than "good enough", not at least because of its fine location and its relative priceworthness.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank JohnLackland01
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Visited the Bridge Hotel for 3 nights in February (17th - 20th). We had room 102 which was on the same level as the reception with a lovely view of the Amster River. Room large with very comfortable beds and the best pillows we have ever laid our heads on!! Novel wardrobes in the form of metal lockers but perfectly adequate. The only thing I missed was tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
All the staff were friendly, efficient and knowledgable. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Metro station and tram line. Number 9 tram taking you right into Centraal Station. Over the 'skinny bridge' there are lots of local bars and restuarants. Can recommend TASHI GELEG a tibetan and indonesian restuarant. On the whole a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Amstel River.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Nice, not noise place to stay near the center, bike rent is possible. Good breakfast. It is just a nice place to stay with your couple. Good price if your book before. I spent hear 14th february and don't regret it.

1  Thank Александр Г
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed here one night on a layover. For a short stay it was fine: the room was basic but clean, it was quiet and basically comfortable. The breakfast buffet was adequate, nothing special but we all were filled up.

When we checked in (close to midnight) the woman working was incredibly friendly and helpful. She was helpful to purchase tickets and give maps, directions, etc.

In the morning, however, the woman working was not even polite. She had no time for us nor interest in helping us. We left to explore for the afternoon and could not find our way back (stupid tourist, right?). I was on the right street but simply could not find the right number. The shopkeeper said she had heard of people having a similar problem but as she was not from Amsterdam herself was unable to tell me where to go. She lent me her phone and I called the hotel to ask for assistance and it was the unpleasant woman from the morning. She *shouted* at me to ask someone next to me for directions and hung up.

I was frantic to find the hotel and ended up being ten minutes late for our car back to the airport. The driver said he had been into the hotel to collect us but the woman said she had no idea who I was, so she couldn't help him.

With all of the hotels in Amsterdam, I doubt I'd return to this one.

Room Tip: We had a room in the downstairs, which I typically won't take. However, this was right on a canal and thus had a nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family