$221
$230
$193
Radisson Blu
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $316/night.

Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
$203
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$280
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $316/night.

$468
$387
Hotels.com
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$417
$383
  • Restaurant
NH City Centre Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
$174
$169
Hotels.com
$189
$179
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $262/night.

$189
$183
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$309
$244
  • Room Service
All reviewsanne frank housejordaan districtgift bagsmall hotelquiet arealovely hoteldam squarefamily roomshort breakroom was clean and comfortabletop floorlittle touchestwo nightsminute walkcity centretoilet and showerwalking distance
Reviewed September 17, 2013

By far THE WORST hotel I've ever stayed in. I travel a lot, and when I say the worst, I really mean it.

The location - far away from the main attractions and the action-packed areas of the city. That still is not a huge problem as Amsterdam is relatively small. But the rooms in this hotel are so so tiny it's unbelievable. Our room had barely any room to move around. The entire room won't have been more than 5 square metre. The bathroom was terribly designed. If you lowered your face to wash it in the sink, you would definitely smash your forehead on the slab just above the sink which protruded out and covered half of the sink. The bathing area had the lever to turn the shower on on the side instead of being below the shower, so your body kept banging painfully into the lever when you were taking a shower. There was no partition/elevation/threshold so the entire bathroom flooded when one took a bath.

The lift was abysmal and you had to wait ages for it. By that time you grew so frustrated anyhow that you preferred to take the stairs even if it meant risking those tiny steep steps.

And the management? Oh don't even get me started. The cleaning staff broke my tablet (Nexus 7)!!! I had kept it in my luggage and I'm pretty sure they would have dumped my friend's heavier suitcase on top of mine, thereby cracking my tablet's screen and breaking the plastic reinforcements in my suitcase as well. I was absolutely furious and decided to take the matter up with the management. And instead of giving the customer the benefit of the doubt (Marketing 101 anyone?) , the manager decided to believe his housekeeping (who obviously would never admit to their mistake lest the damage be deducted from their wages). He said the best he could offer was a free breakfast. So hang on, not just am I paying through my nose for a terrible room in a terrible location, I'm also suffering a 300 Euros worth of monetary loss because of YOUR housekeeping's sloppy service. I was so mad at this hotel and how it spoilt my entire trip.

I really wonder how some hotels don't care a bit about their reputation and refuse to acknowledge genuine complaints from their clients. I agree there would have been no way for the manager to judge whether my complaint was true or not. So it was essentially my word against their cleaning staff's. And he chose his own staff over the customer. Shameful and disgusting. Very very disappointed. They have at least one customer who's never going to even consider them when visiting Amsterdam again.

Room Tip: DO NOT even think about this hotel. The attitude of the management, the horribly sized rooms and the far away location make it a really bad choice to spend your money on.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jiggy_London
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed for just one night in August and didn't have breakfast.
Room was not airconditioned. However weather was nice and I had a room right at the top. So I didn't have any issues with the heat (like some of the other reviewers)
Slowest lift that I have experienced. Not complaining since I had heavy baggage and the stairs are very steep.
Using the wash basin is more complicated than one in an aircraft in economy class. You won't be able to rinse and spit out. Washing your face will be impossible.
Staff were friendly.
It's a new hotel. Furniture is in good condition. The area is about a 15 minutes walk from the Central train station. Lovely location- central but quiet.
They serve breakfast but I preferred to sit out and enjoy the cafe just opposite the hotel where you can get eggs and bacon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Lets start fro beginning.....

Arrived into amsterdam, a short gentle stroll from station. Easy enough to find, checking in was easy and staff was friendly.

Our room was on the first floor, room 26. This is where it all started going downhill, upon entering the room the room was like a sauna even though the windows were open. We had a mosquito netting plus a pretty thick curtain, excellent for keeping out the light and prob excellent for keeping out the air blowing into the room.

Back to the sauna bit, all rooms im told doesnt have aircon, at first i thought it was the sun coming through the windows that was heating up the room. Well partially it was but mainly the heat was coming from the light bulbs. The lighting in the room from the ceiling and the headboard was producing alot of heat, so much that i dont think we dare turn it on.

If we had turned it on then that mean the room was turning into a sauna, we could open the windows and let some air blow in but then that mean drawing open the curtains...... then obviously it was so hot we more or less stripped naked but then anyone looking through the windows could look right in. Right outside the window war a barge, and blocks of flats across otherside.

So in end it was easier to not turn lights on, strip down and partially leave a bit the curtains open from the sides.

The other thing we noticed upon checking in was out toilet sink was blocked. The reception guy came up and unblocked it, after unscrewing and a bit of poking about. As he unscrewed the sink cap, we heard a whoosh sound...... all the blocked water went everyhere in the bathroom. About half hour later with a few clean towels he declared it was sorted.

The fan in the bathroom didnt work so if we showered all the heat and condensation went into the room when we opened the bathroom door.

The kettle didnt work on the first night..... we had to jiggle it about before it worked..... thats after we could smell a bit burning plastic smell.

The next morning, while i was brushing my teeth i noticed a major design fault. As i was brushing no matter how hard i tried i could help noticing the really big shelf, bery useful to store toiletries but not so great that i dribbled all over it while brushing. It was in the direct path just over the sink. I could have used a glass to rinse my mouth but i tend to just stick my head/mouth just under the tap...... this sure was a challenge i just managed to do it without getting my head lodged in between sink and shelf.

On the second night, when we came back and getting ready for bed...... i couldnt find theTV remote...... searched high and low for it. Probably searched half an hour for it....... we found it just before climbing into bed. The cleaners did a grand job cleaning...... in the morning we left the control on the bed. The cleaners made the bed and instead moving the control to bedside or whatever...... just laid the duvet over the control.

The bed was soft...... similiar ro a UK Premier Inn style.

After two nights stay the only plus point i can say is....... it has plenty plug sockets in the room. I think the Hotel was fairly new....... def in need of a few inprovements in minor details.

Room Tip: Get a hight up room..... try to avoid ground floor and first floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Travelling on a budget so I knew not to have my expectations too high. On the positive the hotel was centrally located, clean, staff was friendly and check in and check out was fine. On the negative was mainly the room. We took the cheapest but did not expect to be able to almost touch both walls almost with the span of my arms. One side of the bed was next to the wall itself not allowing an easy exit. It was hot and stuffy and the one window would only open a little. I asked for a fan and was pleasantly surprised to get one immediately. However it was he size of a small plate and it didn't help at all. The bathroom was modern but had the shower opening directly onto the toilet with no barrier. After a shower the floor was full of water. In hind sight I would not stay in the cheapest room here. Value for money is also an issue. I think we could do a lot better for the same amount of money.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Darren M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel, now Hotel Linden, for an evening on a girls trip to amsterdam. It was in an amazing location - one of the quirkiest areas of Amsterdam with lots of personality and nice restaurants. The hotel was much nicer than we expected with clean, comfortable beds and the quadruple room was very large. More than anything, the staff were what made this hotel. They practically organised our day out for us and could not have been more helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amsterdam and will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends