See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 26, 2016 via mobile

The Falcon Plaza is no more .... It's gone, being knocked down. Shame really, it needed to be refurbished, buts that's a little drastic
It's nothing but ... When going to be a pile of rubbish.
It's no longer here, don't know what the new hotel will be called.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank D B
Reviewed November 1, 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Falcon Plaza from 27th - 30th October 2015. First time myself and my fiancé had been to Amsterdam. We booked our holiday through travelsupermarket.com on a last minute whim. We didn't really do a lot of reviews of hotels, but wanted to make sure we were close to the city centre and close to tourist activity.

The hotel was great. Staff were really friendly and helped us if we needed anything. We even got to check in a little earlier than 2pm which was nice. Our room was on the 4th floor. First impressions the room was a great size. Loved the massive TV and the bed was so comfy, especially the pillows. I actually slept amazingly! Hotel was really close to the city centre, we could easily get into the heart of everything within a ten minute walk. Also was a good area to get Uber's (cost 30 euro from the airport to the hotel, which is sooooo cheap!)

There was only a few downfalls with the hotel. It was in serious need of a revamp. A little dated. Essentially the rooms were clean but a little black with dirt in corners and the tiles in the bathroom were a little black. The room was cleaned everyday though. Also, I am a vegetarian and my fiancé is Vegan... The breakfast didn't cater for us at all. The continental breakfast looked good, but we could only eat a few items. Would be good if they had a veggie option/dairy free options. Of course it's our choice but a lot of people are lactose intolerant etc.

Overall, I would come back to the hotel again. Great location, fairly cheap and nice staff :)

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2015

This is a great hotel it was really unexpected our room was so clean and tidy and spacious we ordered a triple room but they gave us a room with four beds so I suppose that was good the bathroom was a good size with plenty of towels and the mini shampoos and soaps and the massive tv on the wall was great for watching south park on all I will say is at that the toilet is very loud especially at the night and there was a weird sewer like smell when we opened the door to exit and enter the room but apart from that it was all good I thought the breakfast was average but a nice little touch and saved abit of money as you all know most things are very expensive in amsterdam all in all it was a good first trip and I will be returning hopefully to this hotel ! :)

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jordanna E
Reviewed August 1, 2015 via mobile

It is a three star hotel with an average status although it clean for those who want to only sleep and fair price .
The help desk is very coarporative and helpful.
Thier is no a/c in the rooms.
The toilet is a bit old .
The beds is not comportable i woke up with a backache.

But if you are looking for something cheap and clean this is what you are looking for .

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Muneera A
Reviewed July 29, 2015

Hotels in the centre of major European tourist cities, in peak season are expensive and obviously the quality of what a visitor receives is related to the cost. The Falcon Plaza was relatively cheap but not phenomenally so. We paid around €140 per night for a double room with breakfast (booking direct with the hotel gave the free breakfast compared with the hotel booking sites). The hotel is ‘central’ but not in a particular attractive part of the city. It is walkable from the station and other attractions but with luggage it is probably too far. The upside was that the street, despite being a main road was quiet. I think all the rooms face internally and we could have the windows open at night without noise interrupting us. The very end rooms may have a canal view of sorts. Our room was OK, in need of some decorative uplift perhaps. Disappointed that the bed was a small double but comfortable with decent bedding. Surprisingly good shower in what otherwise was a just about big enough bathroom. Breakfast was OK. If we hadn’t paid for this then there is a great trendy café a couple of doors away that provides great coffee and other breakfast goodies. Staff were very helpful and friendly

Room Tip: highest number on each floor has canal view I think
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled with friends