“falcon stay”

Ranked #312 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
A TripAdvisor Member
Amsterdam
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very Nice Dutch Hotel. Good for either a short or long stay. Fantastic basic room with a double bed. Funny Staff!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I picked this lodging based on a combo of location first then value...I made a good selection on this handy Amsterdam hotel....It is only about one block off the big street that goes by the waterfront..etc....We did not try the restaurant ...Room was not noisy ....All things in the room worked and it was very clean...The front desk folks were very, very helpful in guiding us around Amsterdam!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blair F
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was happy with the hotel in many ways. Room was nice. Sound isolation was good enough. Personnel in the reception and in the breakfast were all very friendly. Location was suitable for me.
For me one of the most important thing in a hotel room is the bed. The maddress shoud be firm and straight and pillow should be not thick. Perhaps I could have asked the personnel for a smaller pillow.
I enjoyed my stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Falcon Plaza Hotel's location is shabby and dirty, with graffitti everywhere, also on the edge of the red light district. The hotel staff were friendly but could not give any information about the places to visit in Amsterdam and did not know anything about The Netherlands, only Pakistani staff, no Dutch Nationals which was surprising. The breakfast was very good and offered plenty of choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Nice hotel ten minute walk from the central station, close to Rembrandt square too rooms are nothing special but they did the job, showers were lovely and powerful, breakfast was ok, quite a quiet hotel and in a good location, would stay again

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had booked a single room for the first night, it was awful to say the least. The bathroom hadn't been cleaned in a while, the bed had terrible water stains. The second night I had a double room with a friend, it was a lot better, cleaner and a lot more comfortable. I think it's a coin toss, some rooms are awful, others are quite nice. The breakfast was good, a buffet with cereals, breads and buns, ham, cheese, eggs, quite varied. It's a short walk from the train station so that's a plus. It's also just outside the crowded areas of Amsterdam so it's quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Juli99
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights. I figured, it's only a place to sleep and I won't be there much due to exploring and site seeing.

First off, there's no air conditioning. That might be okay during the winter months but during mid August, was a bit too warm for my comfort. I kept the windows open to create some circulation. It would have been better if every room had a fan for summer to alleviate some of the heat.

With the windows open, the fire department across the street were always on alert. Now, I don't think there are too many fires in Amsterdam, so the department must be running drills hourly throughout the night.

I noticed that I had a small rash on the backs of my arms after the second night. I took some hay-fever tablets thinking it might be the soap detergent from the bed sheets. The rash got worse every day. On the last night during my stay, I pulled the duvet back (since it was hot, I was sleeping on top of the duvet), and saw over a dozen bed bugs!!!!

When I got back home, my entire body had been riddled with bug bites! (This was after the swelling had subsided and I could see the two dots from their mouth in each bite). I had to go to the pharmacy and buy 4 different itch and body creams. I honestly looked like I was diseased. I had to wear jeans and long sleeve shirts for a week! I couldn't stop scratching for days.

I went to the reception to inform them of the infestation. They didn't seem too concerned and gave me a 20% discount on my stay. Honestly, with as many bites as I had,... I should have had my money back. I must have had between 1-2,000 bites!

The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Now that I know my way around Amsterdam, next time, I will know which hotel too book!

Room Tip: Don't bother.