“Hotel Weichmann Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amsterdam Wiechmann Hotel

Amsterdam Wiechmann Hotel
Ranked #70 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Great location and very clean. It's a shame that the customer service wasn't the same. Make sure you specify that you want a Double Room or a Twin Room with two single beds. We thought we'd booked a Twin Room with two single beds but when we arrived they only had a room with a Double Bed. It showed on our booking that we had requested a room with two single beds but apparantely this does not guarantee anything. So we had to take the double bed for the first two nights and then finally they moved us into a twin bedroom with a canal view. They offered no discount for the inconvenience for the first two nights and even tried to charge us extra to be moved into a room with four single beds. I found this to be very poor customer service since this was not our fault and the website was misleading.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

1 Thank ALM466
Wiechmann, Owner at Amsterdam Wiechmann Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
As I said while you were here: We do try to take requests into account. However if we are fully booked then it sometimes is not possible to honor all requests. Again, sorry about that. And, as I recall, I gave you a twin bedded room with a canal view, at no extra cost, for the last night for which you thanked me.
I am sorry that it was not enough.

Regards,

John Boddy
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Overall we like it very much. Very clean n staff were super friendly. The breakfast was very good. Plenty of food choices n a wonderful view of the canals. I have to say that was one of my most fav memories of the trip. Our room for four was small But had good storage to keep all our bags out of the way. The cable didn't come in well, there was a view to a wall n the shower would leak thru the tile onto the floor. But we dealt w/ it for the 3 days. It was in a great location. However if u come by plane/train n have many bags n kids, it is several blocks from the tram. Nice walk but hard to navigate w/ a lot of luggage. We got a ride back to the station. They ordered it for us n it came very quickly. Nice n helpful guy
. My only point of contention was that the room we "ordered" was NOT the room that was in the foto on easytobook. So beware! We ordered a family room n theresa a foto of two large joining rooms but that is not at all whAt u get. When I showed this to them they were sorry n offered it to us for one nite but we would have to pay the difference. For $225 I didn't want to have to pay $40 more for something I thought I was getting

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The only bad things I can say: 1. There's no elevator. 2. There were no vegetables on the breakfast. Other than that, I really enjoyed my staying and I'll definitely want to come back to this hotel. The decoration was lovely, the rooms are equipped with just about everything we needed, and the value for money is quite good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Very pleasent greeting on arrival. Our room was for 4 adults in what looked loft conversion, lovely, more than enough room and nice and airy.
Breakfast was nice and slept extremely well. Would defo use this hotel again. Free wi-fi was a bonus and used by all the party. Thanks

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends