“fantastic if your not paying! would not pay to stay myself” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Trianon Hotel

Trianon Hotel
Ranked #346 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Essex, United Kingdom
“fantastic if your not paying! would not pay to stay myself”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were lucky that my company paid for 25 of us to stay, we won an award!!

Now I would never have booked this hotel if I was paying myself.

25 of us booked in this was really quick, went to the room, I had already looked this hotel up on trip adviser before we arrived and I was already thinking ok, i'll have a look see if its clean, if not I would have paid to stay in another hotel at my own expense.

Yes the rooms are not 5* and to sleep in a room with 5 people you work with is another thing, but only staying for 1 night you make the best of it.

3 sets of bunk beds, they all creaked and groaned every time someone moved, the sink is in the actual room, shower room was very rough round the edges, and small, but ok for a quick shower.

Clean sheets on the beds, believe me we all checked everything sheets, pillow cases mattress quilts and towels everything was clean & crisp.

Yes you heard everyone weather they were in the next room or making there way back to there rooms.

The staff in restaurant & reception I felt were quite abrupt & rude, would not allow me to take a coffee to the room for another person.

The breakfast was ok ish!! 1 choice of cereal, UHT milk (yuk) bread (no toaster) jam chocolate spread 2 kinds of meats & 1 cheese, coffee & fruit, and orange juice, don't expect large cups, 2 sips and you needed to refill.

If you arrive at central station you need to get tram 5 and get off at the Van Gogh Museum, its then a good 40 min walk into central Amsterdam.

So on the whole would I book if I was paying NO NO NO

Room Tip: Pay more money and stay in a better hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank titch277

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This hotel is a great hotel if you are on a budget, there were four of us in our room and we stayed for two nights. The room were very clean and we got clean towels every day. It is in a very good location, two minute walk to the nearest tram stop. One bad thing is that the walls are very thin so could get noisy, but if like us you plan to stay out at night this isn't a problem. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Emily M
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel twice, both times with 2-5 people in larger rooms. Standard bunk beds and an ok washroom. Some rooms have balconies. Good place to stay for students and budget travellers, who realistically only need the room to store their belongings and for a bed to sleep in.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matt C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed in a private room of this hotel. My room is a bit far from the reception and the wifi reception is poor. The location of this hotel is good as just a few steps away from Tram and bus stop. If you are willing to walk, the hotel is just around 20-30 minutes walk to the central of Amsterdam. Very near to Van Gogh museum and Rijksmuseum. You can also take bus 197 from airport to Museumplein/Leidseplein. The breakfast provided were good. There is one large underground supermarket (Albert Heijn) located just opposite the main road of the hotel. The toilet cleanliness is just average as there is smell.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Boonchuan
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We asked for a twin bed room and when we arrived there was not such a thing! They gave us a bunk bed which was kind of home made!! Very dangerous! When we asked ppl in front desk to move us, Mohammed, the person in charge at that moment could not be more rude!!

Stayed October 2013

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in February with my sister and re booked for November as it is a fantastic location for tourists and away from the noise but great for museums and all main tourist areas. You can get a bus straight from airport to it also. The rooms are basic but cleaned everyday but unfortunately this time we ended up with bedbugs in our beds and found them crawling on us in the morning. I don't want to make too much of an issue with it as it is hard for hotels with lots of people travelling everywhere all over the world, they will have issues and I ignored one ladies ranted review about them in this hotel as we had no problems last time but unfortunately it is true but apart from that its a basic hotel to stay in. I just personally won't be staying here again. Hope this helps others make up their minds happy travelling

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank cheerylorna
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

there was no lobby and not much to chose from at breakfast but nothing to really complain about for that price. close to lots of things in amsterdam and they were wery kind and helpful. dont stay here if you plan to spend your days in your hotelroom.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Frejak K