“Very good micro tours on Amsterdam”
Review of Mee in Mokum

Mee in Mokum
Ranked #238 of 423 Tours in Amsterdam
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We took two tours with local guides in late May 2014. We took the Central canal tour first and then the Jordan tour. All the tours leave from the central courtyard of the Amsterdam museum and things are well organised and signed. What these tours give you complements but doesn't relace the good general biking and walking tours. The other couple with us commented the way we arranged it, these me in mokum tours were particularly useful. We did Mikes city bike tour, then Sandemans city walking tour and then these two mee in mokum tours. So, you book on line, pay a 7.50 euro per person charge in cash at the museum and then you talk with a local for two hours. All the guides are retired locals who enjoy sharing their knowledge with interested visitors. The groups are generally quite small - in our case it was just us on one tour, and one other couple in the second tour. The guides took us inside of buildings and courtyards we would never have found on our own. No tip was expected so the value is quite good. These tours are well worth the time.

4  Thank BrucefromVancouver

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Guide Peter provided an excellent and very enjoyable tour around the old inner city, including history, architectural details, explanation of Dutch street names and information about life in Amsterdam today. With small groups, tours can be and are tailored to particular interests. Discovering we had a mutual appreciation for craft beer, we explored Amsterdam through a few of its local breweries and cafés. It was a great day, seeing the city with a local.
(I am sorry to be so late with this review. I was there in September 2013.)

2  Thank LCNtraveller
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I went on a guided tour with a wonderful lady called Eegje Boerema. She was friendly and full of interesting facts. She was able to show me hidden courtyards and took me inside this amazing hotel which had reclaimed many houses to form one large hotel. I learnt about some of the heritage listed homes and the history of the city. The price is just an admin fee of 7,50 euro but by far this is one of the highlights of the trip and i would have paid a lot more. All walks start from the museum cafe (so you may want to visit the museum before the walk) and then go out in different directions. Yesterday's went to Joordan which was good as that was where I was staying. I bought Eegje a cup of tea which was the least I could do as she ended up volunteering her time for three hours. Today I am going on another walk with a different guide. I'll let you know how I went. All I can say about the Joordan walk is it was amazing, I highly recommend it!!!!

3  Thank MissFrancis
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Going through Amsterdam with an experienced guide that knows the city very well was one of my best and interesting things I did while visiting Amsterdam.
It is cheap and can really be recommended if you want to see the city with different eyes. The guide was really committed and enthusiastic and spoke quite well English.

1  Thank Dorteudenh
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We had a wonderful, informative walking tour with this company. We saw many interesting places that we would have otherwise missed. There were only two of us on the tour, so the guide asked us what we were interested in. My husband showed an interest in the new subway being built so our guide took us down onto the construction site for a tour.

Our guide was an elderly gentleman, so I didn't thing that we would cover much ground, but I was surprised at how much territory we covered.

The price was very reasonable and the guide did not seem to be expecting a tip, although the tour included a coffee stop and we paid for his drink.

Well worth the time.