Ok I will start with the positives
1) it was cheap
2) it was very central! Right by the train station and all major tourist attractions were within walking distance!
Now on to the negatives
1) the beds were filthy!! Loads of stains on the sheets and the beds were rock hard!
2) the staff are not very friendly and are actually pretty rude! I was getting changed in my room so didn't have my top on and one of the male staff opened the door with no warning (Didn't even knock!!)
3) the beds were unsafe! My friend was on the top bunk and the bed was placed next to a radiator, meaning the bed was not against the wall! As the beds didn't have a railing on both sides this was really dangerous and the gap was massive meaning she could have fallen out! When we told a member of staff about this, his advice was "don't fall". As a result we ended up pulling the mattress onto the floor for her to sleep!
4) outside of the building there was always scary men hanging around outside some pub! I know this isn't the hostels fault but the men made us feel very uncomfortable late at night when they tried talking to us
If I was to visit Amsterdam again I would definitely pay a bit more and stay somewhere different
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Bob's Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bob`s Youth Hotel Amsterdam