1,214 results
All reviewssteep stairsanne frank housedam squaregreat locationlovely catsrooms are smallnice balconywelcome drinksingle roomcarry your luggageno elevatorquaint hotelon arrivalbreakfast areanice breakfastthird floorreception area
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Outstanding value: A great location, just a few minutes from Dam Square, in an attractive building on a smart street. A quiet and newly-renovated, well-appointed single room with en suite, aircon, and 32" full HD TV, with breakfast included, for less than 60 Euros. Warm welcome, with a free arrival drink, city map and useful advice & tips. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Having read previous reviews complaining about the stairs and room size I would say the following. This hotel feels more like a hostel. It is above an arcade of shops in what is obviously one of the old style properties in Amsterdam. All these properties have steep stairs, it is part of the design, tall and narrow. If you can not manage very steep stairs you should book into one on the newer hotels.
Secondly when I go on a city break I do not envisage staying in my room for very long. We were out exploring from 10 til 10 so all we needed was a comfy bed. The bed was large and very comfy. The room is very small but was all we needed.
We had breakfast included as I like to fill up before we head out to explore. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and included fruit juice, fresh fruit, toast, several different spreads, teas, coffee, cold meats, cheeses, cakes and croissants. So much that we didn't need lunch. Beautiful fresh flowers on the tables. It is the attention to detail that counts.
The location is only 5 minutes from Anne Franks House and Dam Square.
For price and location I doubt you will find a better value hotel in Amsterdam.
And yes, the staff are all very friendly, the reception is manned 24 hours a day, though we didn't have any problems at all during our stay. Now if only they could sort out the 3 hour delay on the flight on the way home......

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is value for money, even Amsterdam rates are high. Complementary drink at reception is nice treat. I asked for receipt by email after returning from trip and it came in minutes. Much better than big chain hotels.

Room Tip: Single is really singles. Garden side is very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had an overnight in Amsterdam and booked this hotel based on location and price. It scored well on both accounts. The staff are lovely and helpful, even loaning me an outlet adapter for my cell phone charger. It's true the single room is incredibly small but the bed was comfortable and the decor was very nice. It was obvious the bathroom had been recently remodeled and was modern and stylish. The breakfast (included in my rate) was really nice, even including some meats and boiled eggs along with pastries, toast and espresso.

The stairs are super steep and narrow but that's Amsterdam and, I think, part of the charm!

I decided to stay another 2 nights and wish I could have stayed here but, unfortunately, it was booked so I moved a few doors down to the Hotel Nadia (same owner but very different).

Room Tip: I would recommend a room in the back (facing back of other buildings) as I imagine it's quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LuvMyVespa
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Excellent location and service ! There is indeed no elevator but the stairs are ok and when reaching the reception we received a free drink !! Very nice receptionist and very good breakfast.

Only 3 minutes walk to Dam sqaure and the centre of Amsterdam. Rooms are renovated and clean, very nice !! Will not look any further next time for our guests, this is the best hotel in Amsterdam !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business