“comfy beds but very steep staircase & power cuts”

Hotel Amsterdam Inn
Ranked #340 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

the hotels in a good location but rooms needs some tlc!! one friend had no working shower, my room flooded when you had a shower causing electricity in whole hotel to cut off, reception across the street & the hotel receptionist gave the guest before me a key for my room once I had checked in & they burst in to my room when I was in bed - wouldn't stay here again! only good thing was very comfy beds!!

1  Thank lyns1983Scot

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I wish I could say something, but unfortunately when we arrived in Amsterdam we were told that the reservation was canceled.
After booking on venere.com choosing to pay the full amount on the day of arrival, the hotel after a few days he tried to withdraw money from my credit card, there was something wrong, and so they decided to remove the reservation without telling us. After a bit of panic we have succeeded in find accommodation in another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Having read the scary reviews, I was skeptic on how my experience would be. As part of a group of 3 friends, I was very pleasantly surprised at how convenient and clean the room was. Bathroom looked brand new and clean. The bedsheets and pillow cases looked questionable, but when you're only in the room to sleep, there's little to complain about. I just put my supposedly clean towels provided on the pillow and slept on top of the comforter. I used my own towel as my blanket. The room was warm and toasty. I was satisfied.

Room Tip: You have to go across the street to check-in. Our room was in the building next to the Police statio...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

"+":
Location is perfect! Leidseplein is just around the corner => nice bars, cafes, tram stop - in 2 minutes from there.

"-":
The rooms are very small and not luxury at all.
No hairdryers or any other stuff.
It's rather cool there (the buliding is very old).
The key from the room didn't work almost every evening, we had to go to reception which was located in another hotel across the road (Marnix).

To sum up, if you travel with friends and all you need to do there is to sleep - that's a good option!

Room Tip: It's better to book rooms on the first floors as the ladder is very steep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The hotel itself is in a great location, a very short walk to leidesplein square (just around the corner). Easy access to trams. The hotel rooms were very clean. A good bathroom and a decent clean shower. Free WIFI in the hotel rooms. Clean towels were provided and the sheets on the bed were changed everyday. Only bad thing in the hotel is the very steep stairs to the room, however this is inevitable in most of the buildings in amsterdam as they are tall buildings of small width.

Room Tip: Request a canal view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel was overpriced, dirty (ground dirt into the carpet that smelled), no elevator and stairs with little handrail support that curved up (and did I mention that they were cramped and the stairs themselves were TINY- felt like I was taking my life in my hands just to walk up without luggage).... and you get the pleasure of trying to find the check in lobby- which is across the street about 1/2 a block down. Overpriced and under-serviced!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo